Amex Offer: Spend $500 on Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I noticed this offer on one of my Amex cards over the weekend and didn't see any mention of it on this board: book a cruise with one of five of the Carnival Corp. lines (including HAL) and get a $100 statement credit for a $500 or more spend:

http://www.wlcl.com/amex

It has to be offered to you on your Amex card and you then have to add it to your Amex card account to use it. Valid for cruises booked between 10/14/2016 and 4/14/2017.

Thank you! I was planning to make a payment on my upcoming cruise today. Logged on, claimed the offer, made a payment and already have an email from AMEX that I have taken advantage of the offer.

Kevin

Does the offer apply to making a payment on an existing reservation? I thought it was for bookings made after 10/14.

I would love to pay $500 on my February cruise and get $100 back.

Does the offer apply to making a payment on an existing reservation? I thought it was for bookings made after 10/14.

I would love to pay $500 on my February cruise and get $100 back.

The offer language states cruises booked between 10/14/2016 and 4/17/2017 but given Kevin's post, it may also apply to existing bookings prior to 10/14?

Edited by joepeka

Hmmm... Could this be a $500 payment? I think it would be hard to tell if it was a "deposit" or a "payment" IMO. Looking on my card rn to see if I have the offer.

EDIT: "Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/14/17, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled"

Don't think it can be used as a payment.

EDIT PT 2: No offer on my AMEX Delta Card. Maybe it will show up eventually as it is a big booking period!

Edited by DisneyDatknee

Hmmm... Could this be a $500 payment? I think it would be hard to tell if it was a "deposit" or a "payment" IMO. Looking on my card rn to see if I have the offer.

I think Amex is dependent upon the merchant to confirm the charge is in accordance with the T&C's so if the cruise line doesn't do that properly, then I suppose it could apply to any $500 payment and any booked cruise?

Edited by joepeka

I never get these good offers.

These offers are sometimes on your personal AMEX Offers page (you have to look to know) and sometimes not. We simply use several excellent cruise agencies to handle our bookings (we go with whoever offers us the best overall deal) and our cruise agents always know about AMEX offers (we have Platinum Card) that sometimes we have never seen. The real fun challenge is when we book with Princess, who readily allows the "stacking" of OBCs. On one Princess cruise we had $1800 in OBCs (they sent us a nice refund check after our cruise) because of OBCs from our cruise agency, veterans benefit, stockholder benefit, AMEX benefit, and an OBC tossed in by Princess. HAL is a bit stingier, but we have saved thousands (over the price we would have had booking direct with HAL) on some HAL cruises by simply shopping around among our favorite cruise agencies.

Hank

I noticed this offer on one of my Amex cards over the weekend and didn't see any mention of it on this board: book a cruise with one of five of the Carnival Corp. lines (including HAL) and get a $100 statement credit for a $500 or more spend:

http://www.wlcl.com/amex

It has to be offered to you on your Amex card and you then have to add it to your Amex card account to use it. Valid for cruises booked between 10/14/2016 and 4/14/2017.

There are several different AMEX cards -- which one is your offer for?

I found the offer on my account...I have an Amex gold Membership Rewards card.

I'm going to load the reward and make a payment on my cruise. I'll call my PCC and hopefully it will 'count'. If not, no harm no foul. The cruise has to get paid for somehow.

The point I was trying to make is that it might not even matter. AMEX frequently has deals with various cruise lines that may not be in your own "offers" and might not even be widely publicized. If you book through a cruise line rep (or HAL PCC) they have no vested interest in telling you about a special offer (or they might not even know). But when you use decent cruise agencies/agents who handle numerous bookings (with many cruise lines) per day....it is their job to be aware of promotions and the many ways to enhance your OBC offerings. Of course some agents are better then others. We use several agents (some agencies seem to always have better deals with a specific cruise line) but one of our agents seems to be on a quest to always find obscure ways to get OBCs. For example, there is currently a CLIA Promotion (we had not heard of this one) that can add $100 OBC to many bookings.... Not sure if a PCC will make you aware of this October promo.....but any decent cruise agency will have it added to an eligible booking made in October.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Mine appeared on my Platinum card. As Hank mentions above, not all offers are made to all Amex cards - earlier this year I was frustrated that I missed out on a similar offer for HAL and then kept getting other offers for other cruise lines that we weren't interested in. I don't know what criteria Amex uses to determine which card types or card accounts get which offers.

Thank you! I was planning to make a payment on my upcoming cruise today. Logged on, claimed the offer, made a payment and already have an email from AMEX that I have taken advantage of the offer.

Kevin

BTW, I would be interested in hearing if you actually received the statement credit for the $100. I know those emails from Amex are an acknowledgement that you made what looks like a qualifying charge but the proof comes when you get that statement credit. ;)

BTW, I would be interested in hearing if you actually received the statement credit for the $100. I know those emails from Amex are an acknowledgement that you made what looks like a qualifying charge but the proof comes when you get that statement credit. ;)

I would too.

Amex had a similar offer last month with Celebrity. I made final payment about September 15 and the credit and charge were on my early October statement. It didn't take the long period it says it does.

This is very good news. Appreciate all the information. I just saw the the credit offer on my Amex account and added it to my card. I booked our cruise in March of this year with a deposit, our final payment is due this mid November. The cruise is in February. Does anyone know if we will still get the $100.00 credit?

This is very good news. Appreciate all the information. I just saw the the credit offer on my Amex account and added it to my card. I booked our cruise in March of this year with a deposit, our final payment is due this mid November. The cruise is in February. Does anyone know if we will still get the $100.00 credit?

At least one person on another forum has reported that they did indeed get the $100 Amex statement credit for a cruise booked prior to 10/14. So I say go for it! ;)

Still looking for the offer on my account. Maybe I'm not using my Gold card enough? I hardly use it anymore as I almost pay everything with my Barclays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are tabs across the top where the deals are. I had to select "travel" in order for it to show up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums