Holland America to Roll Out New Room Service Menu Fleetwide

LauraS

I am not impressed at all. With very limited Lido hours and a reduction in room service offerings, dining on a HAL ship is becoming less enticing. HAL spends so little right now per passenger on meals - there is no need to spend even less.

Ditto to the above comments!!!!

Just off The Eurodam which we enjoyed!!!!!!

Your room service

Menu not

Impressed and we are 4 STAR! Eggs benidict with salmon 9$! I would go to the lido for that! Very limited menu!

Some people might enjoy the limited menu but for us no.

Denise:)

Looks great to my mom and I! I won't purchase anything, but for those who want the convenience of eating in and having something special delivered it looks interesting. But then, we rarely eat breakfast in our room... just an occasional lunch and it looks great and has some nice variety.

Not so great to me. We only do breakfast room service on busy port days. I want my eggs, not egg product.

Guess I can order the eggs minus the steak?

Or the smoothie. Sigh, so much for my bagels and locs.

So much for a regular hard boiled egg (gee, that must be really hard to prepare?)

Hope people try write in's and report.

The regular room service menu is not the end of the world - some choices are better - some not so. But, paying for a hamburger which is free all day seems a bit much.

Of all the changes HAL has introduced since we began cruising them, this is the most disappointing. We often ordered yogurt, fruit and bagels with salmon.

My goal was to be a five star before retirement (in my 40's) and will have 100 cruise days after our next scheduled cruise.

We only get room service on port days, but with the lido opening so late this might become a deal breaker long term. I am discouraged by the direction HAL seems to be going.

Can you still order from the MDR menu in the evenings?

Absolutely!!!!!!

You are suppose to be able to order from the MDR menu at 5pm.

On our recent Med cruise on The Eurodam this Oct we had no problem ordering around 3:30-4:00 pm asking to be delivered around 7pm. We ordered on several occasions and it was wonderful!

Even when we did the Nieuw doing Carribean again no problem in 2015.

Enjoy!

Denise:)

I'm not impressed either, I guess I will be packing my tray and going up to the Lido deck in order to have a 'custom' breakfast on our balcony.

Funny you should writer that you will be packing a tray. We actually went out and bought a portable camping table to take with us on our K'dam cruise next year due to there not being a suitable table in a Vista Suite for dining. Now if we have to bring a tray, it is becoming more obvious that HAL is no longer meeting our needs.

The thread title would be more accurate if it used the word "reduced" instead of "new".

Especially when it comes to breakfast choices, it is much reduced from what we have known for ages.

I used to love being able to get a decent room service breakfast on disembarkation morning. Guess those days are gone. :(

We are also very UNimpressed and see it as a major downgrade of the previous breakfast menu. Adding the new extra cost items is fine....but they have deleted the ability to customize a breakfast menu. For example, I used to order a ham/cheese omelet with bacon on the side and rye toast. Now, that would not be possible. Or DW used to order some kind of cereal and also get some croissants. Now, she could get the cereal but not the croissants (or pastries).

This is just one more HAL "cut back" cloaked by a marketing effort to make it look like we are getting something better? We think not!

Hank

There was always a room menu, notwithstanding a new one.

My question is still unanswered.......WILL THEY PULL THE BREAKFAST MENU THAT THEY PUT ON ON YOUR BED AT THE TURN DOWN.

THE ONE YOU CAN PUT ON YOUR DOOR LEVER, FOR DELIVERY AT THE INDICATED TIME ON THE MENU.

Sorry to shout, but that is the question......

There was always a room menu, notwithstanding a new one.

My question is still unanswered.......WILL THEY PULL THE BREAKFAST MENU THAT THEY PUT ON ON YOUR BED AT THE TURN DOWN.

THE ONE YOU CAN PUT ON YOUR DOOR LEVER, FOR DELIVERY AT THE INDICATED TIME ON THE MENU.

Sorry to shout, but that is the question......

My understand is that menu no longer exists. The one posted above is now the menu.

###

So there is no proof that the dedicated breakfast menu that we hang off the door is gone.

All we know is that the room menu has changed.

If that is the case, then it is no big deal....

Hmmm, you might want to read some threads from recent cruisers. Do you really think so many people are upset for no reason :rolleyes:

###

When I was walking on the ship at late nights, I used to notice the breakfast menu cards off the doors, and they were plenty. When they were picked up, staff could plan, and have logistics on their side, I cannot imagine folks ship wide getting up early to call in breakfast orders for any kind of timely delivery.

This is not just a room menu change, it is an abysmal lack of service to passengers. I do not think this is rightly possible......

Edited by jpelleti007