Asking the important questions: YOUR side of the bed

POA1

It's the kind of deep, philosophical question that great minds have pondered through the ages....

Is YOUR side of the bed on a cruise ship the same as it is at home? Is it a left or right side thing? Closest to the bathroom? Furthest from the door? Nearest the window?

Bonus question: What about double sinks? - if applicable.

So as not to leave out our solo traveler friends... Feel free to tell us how it's, "Mine! All mine, dammit!"

Edited by POA1

Great minds.... sure, c'est moi definitely.......

Right side for me, same as at home. We'd both be lost if we had to change sides, believe me.

Don't do double sinks at home, just different bathrooms.

Are you going to ask the biggie: how to decide who gets which closet(s) and drawer(s) or shelves?

Edited by SilvertoGold

A very important question indeed! It is always the same as it is at home and as it has been for 57 years, left is right for me. So on a cruise I have a fifty/fifty chance of having the view or being closer to the bathroom. I have never consciously booked a cabin so I would get one or the other.

Dan

Edited by obriendan

Not the same as at home.

Penthouse beds are angled compared to our bed at home.

I get the main bathroom (same as at home) and DH gets the guest bathroom (his bathroom at home is a little further away from the bedroom). Oh -- since there isn't a shower in the ship's guest bathroom (his bathroom at home has one) -- he can use the shower in the main bathroom. And he often uses the sink in the main bathroom.

Always same side as at home (facing the bed I sleep on the left side and he gets the right side). DH and I don't share a bathroom at home (I have the master bath and he has the guest bath) but if traveling and the bathroom has double sinks, I am always on the right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's the kind of deep, philosophical question that great minds have pondered through the ages....

Is YOUR side of the bed on a cruise ship the same as it is at home? Is it a left or right side thing? Closest to the bathroom? Furthest from the door? Nearest the window?

So as not to leave out our solo traveler friends... Feel free to tell us how it's, "Mine! All mine, dammit!"

Always same as home, right side facing the bed and farest at home and usually closer on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same side as at home, I'm on her left.

I'm single, and travel with my sister, also single and living with me. We have separate rooms at home, and separate bathrooms. On board, we have the beds as twins and I always take the one closest to the bath, as I get up more often. EM

Always the right when standing at the end of the bed. What madness would even suggest someone would ever change? And of course the sink has to be the same as the sink.

And onboard I sleep with the curtains open so I can see the ocean when I wake up.

Edited by alwaysfrantic

Are you going to ask the biggie: how to decide who gets which closet(s) and drawer(s) or shelves?

I don't even get a vote on closets. We have a reasonable amount of parity on drawer space on the ship though.

I tend to take up a bit of space in the closet on the ship because I hang all my slacks by the bottom cuffs using clip hangars. (It removes wrinkles.)

My wife gets more floor space for shoes though.

Edited by POA1

I always get the one closest to the plug for the CPAP. But, with a plug near the bed on the Koningsdam, things might just get changed up!

Bathroom is whoever gets in first.

Ditto, except DH needs the outlet for the CPAP.

Other than that I always get the side closest to the bathroom [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get the main bathroom (same as at home) and DH gets the guest bathroom (his bathroom at home is a little further away from the bedroom). Oh -- since there isn't a shower in the ship's guest bathroom (his bathroom at home has one) -- he can use the shower in the main bathroom. And he often uses the sink in the main bathroom.

This made me laugh. I never really thought about it before, but my wife always puts my toiletry travel bag in a particular place in the bathroom. I'm not sure that there's a rhyme nor reason - but I guess that's how I know which sink/bathroom is mine. I guess I won't panic unless I see my razore and shaving cream out on the balcony. :D

My sister Susan and I sleep on the same side of our respective beds when home with hubbies. When on a "sister trip", if we are sharing a bed, we trade off who gets their accustomed side. So, on our last trip together, Susan was on her natural side, and I was on the "wrong" side.

Third sister, Nancy, recently having gone through surgery, was in another room on a smaller bed by herself. She cried out in the night (a nightmare), and - because you NEVER stop being a mom - I woke up and leapt out of bed to go to her.

Well, I MEANT to leap out of bed. I went in my normal direction, landing on top of poor sleeping Susan, who was scared out of her mind by my flailing attack.....

So, no, never switch sides when traveling with husband. We stick to our sides no matter what the room lay-out.

I guess DH and I don't have a "must have" side. I just realized between our previous apartment and the current apartment we switched sides!

When traveling I usually take the window side (if there is a window) but that wasn't the side I had in the previous apartment. Then again, I moved in with him so he must have already had his side.

I am usually the first one up when on vacation hence taking the window/balcony side. Our last cruise we were in an inside for the first time so I don;t know how we decided... I think we walked in and I threw my bag on the bed first and ended up being my side.

Then there were the times when we had obstructed views where the head of the bed was against the window... my head is starting to spin.

I guess that all means it doesn't really matter which side we sleep. :)

As for sinks, I don't recall too many occasions where we had double sinks.

Edited by Boytjie