***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I remember you talking about that dinner you usually go to every year. As for the thing tomorrow in the next town. That is outside, and they are calling for some storms tomorrow afternoon. So maybe best that you are not going as you might get caught in a storm. I agree, that I would rather just go out with the 2 of us and not have other's around.

I cooked steaks on the grill last night. I turned on the grill and came inside. I walked outside and saw a fire. The drip pan caught on fire. Bill had an extra one so we threw the old one out and put the new one on. We are going to have to start bringing in some stuff during the winter. Maybe ever the entire grill.

We went to dinner last Sunday. So maybe we will go for brunch tomorrow. It runs from 11-2, but you have to be there by 1:30 for the last seating.

It was raining here last night and this morning. Overcast now, and maybe some more rain later on. But calling for storms tomorrow. I cleaned up the yard yesterday, and pulled all of the weeds. Still some more to do, but maybe tonight.

So what was wrong with the car that the light came on and that they had it so long to fix it and then they could not even change the oil? I'll bet they did not take it in right away as you were not there. It does not take 5 hours to fix it.

I was out shopping and lunch today with this lady I take out once a month. Then Memorial Day weekend is early this year, and it is sneaking up on us next weekend. So we just came home from our cruise and now next Friday we are leaving again for Saugatuck.

I know your BD is not until Monday. So I will wish you then. Enjoy dinner tonight, and tomorrow as well.

Kathy

So how did your steaks turn out after the fire was out?

You are probably right and I hope it does rain tomorrow so I don't feel bad about missing the vendor fair tomorrow. Tonight turned out better than I thought it would. Bills son came down from Stevens Point, a 4 hour drive just to go to dinner with us. Two of his daughters and their hubbys came also. We were there from 6pm to 9 pm so had a nice leisurely dinner. Also Bills son helped getting the wheel chair in and out of the restaurant. I had 3 glasses of wine which I never do but had plenty to eat and time to digest it before driving home. The restaurant we went to is only about 10 minutes from our house.

it had rained here this morning too. I had bought this lawn fertilizer and spreader called snap I think by Scotts. All you had to do it said was put the bag on the Spreader,, turn the gage to on and you are ready to spread. So I did that and walked all the way down the grass along the driveway,, then noticed nothing was coming out. So I pushed it on the driveway and sure enough nothing was coming out. Don't know why its not working I'm going to ask one of the guys that come over tomorrow if they can tell me whats going on. Its supposed to be so easy thats why I bought it.

Got almost to 80 today and very humid. I don't like this humidity.

Tonight when I was getting ready to go out to eat I had to try several different pair of pants because they were too big on me, same with a couple of tops I was going to wear.

Sharon, you have got to be happy with your pants fitting much better. Always better to have them looser rather than the other direction.

The same held true for us as well. Just rained in the morning and I was surprised how nice it got later on. It just was cloudy around here and that was a good thing to keep the heat down. I think you were smart to not be going today, as I heard that this afternoon the storms could be bad. We shall see.

Yes, after the fire was out and we change out things. The steaks turned out great. I had not put anything on yet. Remember a few years ago, I burned the fence with the huge fire I had on the grill. Nothing like that this time.

Yes, I have heard of that Scott's product before. It should work and maybe it is not locked down the way it should be. I am sure someone will figure it out late on today.

So have a good day today. Hopefully the storms will not be too bad like they were in other areas early this morning.

Kathy

I figured out the fertilizer thing before anyone came. I went to move it out of the way and noticed a green handle below the handles you pushed it with. So I pulled it and the wheel started spinning throwing the stuff all over the garage. So will have to put it down after it rains again.

Both couples came over and we got caught up on what everyone had been doing since they all came for Bills birthday in April. One of them brought an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, so I cut us all a piece of it. It was good because it was so hot and humid. We watched the clouds move in with the wind and then a cloud burst of rain for about 15 minutes before the sun came back out.

I do remember when you burned the fence, I'm surprised Bill lets you use the grill after that, ha ha.

Sharon, yes ha, ha, Bill bought a new grill and we had to replace sections of the fence. All in all it was an expensive dinner that time. I just finished cooking on the grill when it started to pour.

So around here all day it was nice, and then around 5:30 the wind picked up and it started pouring. It all lasted about an hour and then the sun came out and the rest of the evening just fine.

So a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to you today officially. Enjoy and have a great day, just doing what you want to do today, just for yourself.

I am getting everything all caught up with the weeds and some flowers. I want to get out and buy some more this week before we leave on Friday. Bill is already saying to take 1/2 the day off. But the jerk is on his way back driving from FLA and staying around here for the summer. Boy, I can hardly wait for him to be back here, not.

Once again, Happy B-Day and enjoy.

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

Thank you Kathy and Karen for the birthday wishes! Bill had his daughter buy me a bouquet of flowers and a balloon and card. She did a good job.

I went to exercise class then came home did some laundry, then we went to the farm to go through the mail. The ramp is not working over there anymore. Its too steep and Bill can barely make it up. I saw this guy at church on Sunday that drives a van that says builder on it so I asked him if he knew anyone that could build a handicamp ramp. He is older so he gave me his sons phone no. We called him today and caught him on a roof shingeling. He called back once he got down and we told him what we wanted. He said he could do that and would come by and give us an estimate. We need something that rises slowly so if in the future I need to push a wheel chair up or down it, I can.

Well tomorrow night we will learn who will win the mirror ball on DWTS. I voted for Rider, 4 votes and 1 vote for Rumor. I like them both and hope one of them will win it.

I have not got anything else done outside, Wednesday I will have to cut grass again.

I hope you get to leave a little early so you can beat some of the traffic on Friday.

Sharon, how about these temps. Yesterday it was in the 80's here and today in the 50's.

That is good that you have found someone who will come quickly and give you an estimate. If you both agree, then it sounds like he may get it built for you in a short period of time.

The jerk is driving back now with his daughter. He just bought a brand new Mercedes Convertible. Wait until everyone sees it. They will be crying about all of the money he spends on himself and shorts everyone in compensation. That is the key about leaving early on Friday and him being back.

I figured you would be glued watching DWTS. All of the season endings are going on this week. David Letterman has his last night tomorrow.

They were at our house cutting our grass when I came home for lunch this afternoon. I had to park in the back of our house as they had the alley blocked.

Stay warm and enjoy.

Kathy

Didn't get the estimate, the guy ran into a problem and couldn't get over tonight. So we will see tomorrow.

I have a dentist appmnt tomorrow afternoon. When I went for the last cleaning tyey found a cavity, first one in several years. So I will have to cut grass before and after the appmnt.

Does the daughter work where you do or does she stay home out of the way?

Yes cold yesterday and didn't get much better today. Later this afternoon felt better though.

Not going to the graduation in Texas, I texted her "mother" and asked her for recomendation for a hotel and transportation and she text me back that she did not want to discourage me but thought it would be very expensive for such a short trip, also that I wouldn't see much of her because she had to be there early then after the grad ceremony they were having something called a lock down for the night. This was to prevent kids from running into any trouble celebrating. So I texted back thanks for telling me, I'll just send a card.

Again, hope the boss stays out of your way and you get to leave early. By the way sounds like a nice car he bought for himself.

Sharon, the jerk called me last night just before I was leaving and he is back home already. So he said he is coming in sometime today. His daughter works here with us. Sometimes she just stays at home. But most of the time she is in here.

Very cold today. It will be cold tonight with temps around 45 degrees. People are calling Bill to see if he is going to cancel due to the cold, but he has not made any decision as of yet. I talked to him earlier this morning, and he said he does not want to cancel as this is the first game and we have 16 games to play. So who knows what the rest of the season will be like.

It sounds like a good move to be canceling the trip to Texas. Especially with what will be going on there. It sounds like it will be a kids event with parting and being locked in to keep them safe ad out of trouble.

So it will be cold for you to be working outside today. Good luck with the dentist later on this afternoon.

Stay warm,

Kathy

It was cold today, I got started on the grass around 8 am and had to quit about noon because it was raining. I have about 1 hours worth of mowing left to do when it dries up.

So did you have your game tonight? You are right who knows what the rest of summer will be like. So far we've had a few hot days then a few cold days.

Did the jerk come in today and pester you?

I took a Pepperidge Farm layer cake and a 8 piece cheese cake tonight with the girks. Unfortuneatly no one remembered it was my birthday. The owner bought me a drink and the girls said they would bring cards next week, I told them that wasn't necessaey.

My dentist appmnt went good, not a big cavity so took less time then they had scheduled. Still cost $180.00 with a $20.00 discount for paying and not having insurance.

We almost rented one of the apartments to this guy, but I was thinking this morning that things just didn't seem right with him. So I looked him up in the court cases and found he had been evicted 2 times before and had 43 other cases, some still open against him. So glad I thought to check. He was very nice and a veteran and was working with the VA who was helping him find and pay for an apartment. Neither him or them mentioned anything about the evictions. We were just ready to give him a lease so he is probably going to be pretty upset. I didn't contact him I told the VA to tell him.

Sharon, the games were canceled shortly after 5. It did not start to really rain here until 5. So we are not getting off to a very good start with our very first games being canceled.

The jerk does things like this a lot. He showed up at 5:10 and I left and did not see him. I am not letting him pull crap like that on me. The world as he sees it, revolves around him.

Well that was very lucky on your part to check into that guy's background. The last thing you need to be doing is renting to another dead beat.

It is in the 40's just now and warming up into the 60's. By the later part of the weekend it is supposed to be warming into the 80's.

So no one made a big deal about your birthday, just the way you wanted it. But at least you had a drink on the owner.

Well that was good that you got your teeth all in order and back on the right track. The price was not too bad, considering on how expensive dental work can be.

Have a good day and stay warm.

Kathy

Well you really can't play outside when its raining so you didn't have any choice but to cancel. Maybe some night you can play two games.

Good for you leaving and not waiting for him to come in to work. Maybe some day he will realize he can't do that to you.

I worked outside today weed wacking and digging. Then Bill's son came over with his chain saw and cut up a tree that had fell. I helped him pick up the pieces and throw them in the fence line. Then he leveled the deck on my mower. It had been cutting uneven.

So tonight I am really tired.

Any thought on if you can leave early tomorrow?

Sharon, the jerk never came in yesterday, and today, him and his son are going golfing this morning. My goal is to leave by 2 pm. So we shall see.

On Wednesday, people were complaining about it being so cold. Then it started raining, so that was it for any play. Now looking at this coming Wednesday, there is a 60% chance of rain on that day.

It was good that you were able to have Bill's son do that work for you, and that you were able to get things done, so you can enjoy the weekend. I heard rain for Sunday and Monday, but temps in the 80's.

It is nice and sunny here today, and temps going into the 60's. So enjoy and have a great weekend, and well talk on Monday.

Kathy

Hope you had a good time and weather! We had rain this morning then cleared upfor a while then around 4 a little more rain.About 6 the sun was out so I was able to get outside and spread the one bag of weed and feed in the front and the one bag I had of bug killer in t b e backyard.

Tornado watch for some counties tonight but not ours.

My granddaughter had mentioned on facebook that she had bought something called thernacell that keeps mosquitoes away. I read the reviews of it and they were all positive so I ordered a couple from amazon, it had free shipping. You have to buy replacement cartridge , and I think it said they last 12 hrs or so. Mosquitoes love me so if it works t would be great.

Bill's son took us out to eat Sat night and is stopping tomorrow morning before heading back home. Hope he doesn't run into too much traffic.

Sharon, we got back today at noon. The driving back was good and as usual I am glad that we left early. We ran into one area in IN., where it was raining very hard. But I can tell around here that we have had some very high winds, as plants are all blown over.

Let me know how that stuff works for you once you receive it. If it works for you, then I might order some as well.

We had a great weekend there. We left 1 hour later than I was shooting for on Firday. So not too bad. We had no rain there at all. So temps were decent and a very nice weekend.

So a very happy Memorial to you both and en joy and have a good day today.

Kathy

More rain today but nothing like Texas. I was going to that graduation south of Houston so really glad I didn't go now.

I need to cut grass tomorrow but it might br too wet but then again its really windy so that should help dry it up.

Maybe you can get your game in tomorrow night. So is all your traveling done for a while?

I found a tick on the back of my thigh last Saturday, now it is swollen a little and itches. I will watch it before I call the dr. I was dumping my wheel barrel full of weeds in the field next to us and think thats where I got it.

so how was the first day back at it again?

Sharon, since the jerk is back here for awhile, as he now spends 6 months in FL, and the rest back here. Yesterday was his real full day back and he was his usual jerk self centered self. Once he started yelling at me, and banging his fist on the desk, stating that I am the owner and the boss of this place and no one but me has any authority. I turned and walked out.

He never talked to me nor I to him the rest of the day. Then at 5:30, as he does all of the time, he started asking all of these questions about my new vehicle, and why did I buy a crossover, and how much did I pay for it. I said to him, I cannot stay here anymore and talk this crap with you, and I walked out. He is not in yet, but we shall see what today brings.

So all in all it was a very good decision not to go to Texas. First, they said she will not be around with the parties and you would not have seen her much for all of the traveling you would have been doing.

We got very heavy rain in the afternoon yesterday, and then nothing else for the rest of the day. Today much cooler and maybe a small passing shower this afternoon, but that will be it. It should be a good evening tonight. We play at 7:15, and I do not expect a few members of our team to be there, as the Hawks are playing tonight, and they are huge Hawks fans and never miss a game.

So perhaps you will be able to finish the grass today. I remember every year you have problems with ticks. Hopefully this will not turn into an infection for you.

Kathy

Good for you standing up to him! He knows he can't run the place without you too . Probably won't change him but at least you will feel better not letting him walk all over you.

It was a pretty good night and the Blackhawks won too. Did you have enough people there to play the game?

Yesterday Bill was terribly tired and disoriented. He got up and dressed but couldn't hardly stay awake. I got him to eat a half a piece of toast so he could take his meds but that was all he wanted. He went back to bed, I made him lay on top of the covers with a blanket on. In the afternoon I asked him if we should call the rescue squad. He thought about it and then we decided since the dr would be in town on. Thursday he would wait. So this morning I called to get an appmnt. The dr said, through the nurse, that since his oxygen was ok, It was 92, that he couldn't do anything he should just go to the ER.

So I called tge family dr but he was on vacation. So ended up with an appmnt on Mon afternoon. He seems better today so we will try and wait.

We are having a different ramp made at the farm. The one that is there is way too steep. Hope they did it right since we weren't there all day.

I did get the grass all done. Then I was cutting some weeds down for a while. I came in to take a shower and looked in the mirror I had a tick on the side of my face! I just hate ticks!

Sharon, you will have to be really careful this summer and watch those ticks. Or maybe there is something you can put on yourself to keep them off of you?

On Wednesday we lost our first game by 2 points at the very end. We had a complete team of 4. The minim is 2, to start a game. But then you have to keep going back and forth. So it is best to have 4.

It could be a long summer with the jerk. He is just miserable with himself. But he has to keep stroking his ego by buying a convertible, so he can think of himself as a much younger man. He is not in yet and when he does come in much later on this afternoon, he starts crap that should have been dealt this morning. So he totally messes up the rest of my day.

I agree it is best to wait and see the Dr in his office, rather than going to an ER. That is if he will be OK for over this weekend to wait until Monday.

Yes, I do remember you finding that guy who will build the ramp for you. Did he finally get over there to do that?

It is in the upper 70's just now and they are calling for rain this afternoon. Since we were on vacation on my birthday. That place that give us the % off the bill according to your age, gave me a rain check. So we went last night to use it.

Enjoy and have a good day today. I will pray that Bill will be OK until Monday. I have bunco tonight at someone's else's place.

Kathy

I know you will have fun playing bunco, wish they had it more often up here. I really like it, its kind if like yatzee.

Bill has been pretty good so I think he will make it to Monday just fine. His two daughters came over tonight for a visit. He looks forward to them coming, usually every Friday evening.

We went over to the farm today to do the mail and see the ramp. They did a good job up by the door. They built almost a little deck then went back and forth with the ramp. The door is pretty high up so thats why they built the deck. Everything was good but the last piece on the ramp. Its too steep, so I called him and told him it has to have a slower slope. When it becomes necessary for a wheelchair I don't want to have to worry about it.

Some people who have money think they can do whatever they want and treat people however they want, thats your boss. I doubt if he ever changes the only thing is how he treats you.

Its so hot and muggy am looking forward to that cooler air thats coming. I don't know what else I can use to keep the ticks off. I had sprayed my feet and ankles with bug spray but I think because I was cutting down weeds and trimming branches thats how it got on me.

Nice you git a rain check for that restaurant, how did I miss your birthday! If you were on vacation it probably was a very happy one.

Sharon, my birthday was on the second day on the ship. The jerk never came in yesterday. He never tells us that he is not coming in. He just plays these games. Although that is just fine with me.

I got home last night around 12:30. We ran into some rain going there but non coming back. It started raining early this morning and it is still raining now. I heard all day and night rain and this afternoon when the wind turns off of the lake it will drop into the 40's tonight.

Once again, I will pray that you will be able to make it through the weekend with Bill and get him to the Dr on Monday. It is good that his family comes to see him regularly. Also hopefully that man will correct the slop on the ramp to make it easier for you.

Stay dry and have a good rest of the weekend.

Kathy

I had the bedroom window open last night because it was so warm in the house. I heard the rain start about midnight. It pretty much rained all day and about 9am the temp dropped about 20 degrees. Has been very windy all day too.

Just saw on the news the Blackhawks won tonight, thats good.

Bill still ok today, so I think we'll be ok till Monday.

I have been seeing a long haired calico cat around the last week, and I have not been seeing the gophers. I'm going to get some cat food and feed it a little bit so it stays around. Looks like a stray.

Do you play for money or just "fame" at bunco?

Sharon, I can see why in your area they only play a few times a year. With that many people playing. In our group it is just 8. We play for what is called boobie prizes. Today all of from bunco are going our for lunch and a little shopping this afternoon.

It poured all day here yesterday and all night and it is still raining now. The temps today only in the 50's. What a contrast.

Once again I will pray that Bill will be OK until tomorrow. Then hopefully the Dr will be able to do something for him to help him out.

Yes, good that the Hawks won last night, I guess they start the Cup on Wednesday in TB. We have some diehard fans on our team and they will not show up on Wednesday to play our game as they will be watching the Hawks game instead.

Stay warm,

Kathy

Thanks for the prayers they are always appreciated! Bill is still doing okay, no more problem with being disoriented. His daughter came iver for a little bit today, brought some cut up watermellon that was really sweet and good and some candy.

Did you buy anything on your shopping trip?

I got a 6 pack of petunias planted today and moved some plants called Lambs Ear. I had bought a single plant last year and it is a perrenial. It has spread all over so had to take some out. I bought a Groupon for a local nursery about a month ago. I paid $25 for a $50 certificate. I need to go over there and pick some plants out.

It was not too bad today, windy but sunny.