Deck 6 suites

Isklaar

Looking at a cruise later this year, our preferred location isn't available.

We've been offered one of the following on deck 6 :

653, 655 port and 654, 656 starboard.

I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed in any of these and if you've experienced any issues being situated beneath the WG suite.

I know the WG balcony protrudes there where it's rounded, does it overhang so much to affect the balcony experience for the suites beneath?

Also, what about noise from people who may congregate in the area as they head along deck 6 after leaving the Grand Salon?

Looking at a cruise later this year, our preferred location isn't available.

We've been offered one of the following on deck 6 :

653, 655 port and 654, 656 starboard.

I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed in any of these and if you've experienced any issues being situated beneath the WG suite.

I know the WG balcony protrudes there where it's rounded, does it overhang so much to affect the balcony experience for the suites beneath?

Also, what about noise from people who may congregate in the area as they head along deck 6 after leaving the Grand Salon?

Hi Isklaar,

I haven't stayed in these myself but friends of ours who travel Seabourn frequently will often cruise in 653. They have done world cruises and long segments there. I know they like the convenience to the stairs to get to other areas on the ship.

Most people leaving the Grand Salon exit quickly via the lift which isn't that close to the rooms or the stairs.

Sorry I can't help with regards the balcony overhang.

Julie

Hi Isklaar,

We were on 656 just this past May on the Sojourn. No issues whatsoever, in fact we loved the location and would specifically request it again. We spent tons of time on our balcony and the overhang made absolutely no difference.

Julie and Claudia, thank you both for your reassurances about this location.

We often do choose deck 6 but always between 642/641 and the forward elevators. We think deck 6 is a great location also:)

Calling TA right now to tell him to go ahead and confirm:D

Julie and Claudia, thank you both for your reassurances about this location.

We often do choose deck 6 but always between 642/641 and the forward elevators. We think deck 6 is a great location also:)

Calling TA right now to tell him to go ahead and confirm:D

Have a great cruise Isklaar.

Yes deck six is our preferred location as well. We have still chosen it on our Encore sailing and it will be interesting to see if it feels the same. In fact we have booked 654 for that sailing.

Julie

Based on our experience, a majority of the time the gangway is on the starboard side. As a result, the odd numbered cabins could be subjected to noise in the morning when docked, especially if the local folks have a band provide entertainment.

Based on our experience, a majority of the time the gangway is on the starboard side. As a result, the odd numbered cabins could be subjected to noise in the morning when docked, especially if the local folks have a band provide entertainment.
It is funny as you consider that an annoyance, I would consider a plus. I love to watch from my balcony when we pull into port and find the bands, dancers, etc part of the excitement for the day.

It is funny as you consider that an annoyance, I would consider a plus. I love to watch from my balcony when we pull into port and find the bands, dancers, etc part of the excitement for the day.

Agree, I picked that side for the same reason.