When do OB's get a cabin ?

nast

Sailing within 12 days with Seabourn.

Booked an OB guarantee. Still no cabin.

Is it possible to get an Accessible Veranda Suite with roll-in shower only, and wheelchair-accessible doorways ?

We've been given our allocation 12 days before sailing and then most recently, 7 days before sailing. Both times I found out the suite number by checking our reservation details on the SB website.

That's how I find ours. I check almost every day, being quite excited.

I presume you do not want an accessible suite? You could well be assigned one, if they have not been taken up: no doubt anyone who really needs one would have chosen it by now. So I would think it is a possibility, and also possible that you will not find out which until you board, although more likely a week before.

Is it possible to get an Accessible Veranda Suite with roll-in shower only, and wheelchair-accessible doorways ?

We actually prefer these cabins as the bathrooms are larger due to no walk in wardrobe. We find the feel more open, of course there is no bath and the wardrobes are a bit awkward but overall we just find the more spacious feel preferable and the position being near stairs and the lifts ideal.

If you would like one of these cabins I am sure you could ask your travel agent to contact Seabourn and ask to "volunteer" for one, they tend to be unpopular and some passengers complain when they are allocated to them so you may have a chance even though you have booked a GTY.

Currently 15 days out, and I have just checked but no suite assignment yet. That doesn't concern me, but I will check every couple of days.

We will be happy with any suite, any deck, accessible or not. The alternative would be not sailing and that has to be a LOT worse!

• 1 month later...

The first time we booked Seabourn was an OB and we got our suite about two months before sail date. Then about two weeks before we were given another suite, a penthouse suite, which was wonderful.

We have booked an OB again in Sept and can't help but keep checking.

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing within 12 days with Seabourn.

Booked an OB guarantee. Still no cabin.

So -- where did you end up?

• 2 months later...