Food and Wine Cruise 2016

JeanBart

We've been very happy with Seabourn and unfortunately, we just couldn't fit this years Food and Wine cruise into our schedule. We're really hoping it's being offered again next year.

Edited by JeanBart

Not wishing to be a wet blanket, but there have been a few comments (one very vehement) that this year's food and wine cruise was not too successful.

Could be worth looking any reviews up. My personal opinion is that it is quite difficult to marry up the menus and cooking styles of chefs who normally work ashore with those of the experienced Seabourn chefs. Certainly when we had just one 'guest chef' on board a while ago he was a disaster, which was agreed by most passengers and the few staff who were prepared to comment.

Not wishing to be a wet blanket, but there have been a few comments (one very vehement) that this year's food and wine cruise was not too successful.

Could be worth looking any reviews up. My personal opinion is that it is quite difficult to marry up the menus and cooking styles of chefs who normally work ashore with those of the experienced Seabourn chefs. Certainly when we had just one 'guest chef' on board a while ago he was a disaster, which was agreed by most passengers and the few staff who were prepared to comment.

Hi linclady,

I think that the vehement comment came from me.

This comment was concerning Seaborn SOJOURN and only Sojourn 18 April 2015/25 April 2015.

I am a little bit surprised that Your comment about Seabourn is not for the 100% positive.

When i posted my review,on Your answer You gave me the impression that i was too negative,but here You do the same thing as i did.Disaster!!

I am a little bit confused.

It seems that more "guest chefs" is NOT for the better.

P.S.

In august i am going with Oceania Riviera,and in oktober with MSC Splendida in the yacht club.I will comment on those too

Best regards and happy cruising,

Gilbert.

• 3 weeks later...