Internet

florisdekort

Hello,

Does Seabourn offer unlimited Internet packages? I'm used to free Internet because of my Zenith status with Celebrity, but at Seabourn I'm a nobody as I'll be cruising them for the first time this August (and again in December).

Kind Regards,

Floris

We sailed on the Sojourn in March for 5 weeks from Singapore to Athens and bought the unlimited for $ 399 and that was for the 5 weeks and they substracted our gold minutes from that worth $ 30 pp so it was great

• 1 month later...

I bought the unlimited internet package for my present long cruise, but noted that in addition to the usual and expected slowness of cruising internet, my very high up and forward PH suite internet service is either non-existent or ridiculously so slow that I cannot get any internet-based work communications completed. This was true at all hours of day and night I tried the first 3 days. At first I thought it was just a ship service problem, but then the helpful computer tech support guy suggested I try logging on in SB Square (on the Odyssey) and it worked quite well. So I come over to SB Square (where I am sitting now) to do my work and major surfing. Only downside to sitting in SB Square for internet is that they play overhead background mood music in there all the time, which I find distracts me a bit from my work, as does the endless chatter of other pax while at sea (in hindsight, I should have brought Etymotics).

Other pax I have met who have mid-ship veranda suites are very happy with the internet service speed in their suites.

July 2016 I have a mid-ship suite booked on the Quest, so I hope that will help avoid the distance problem.

We sailed on the Sojourn in March for 5 weeks from Singapore to Athens and bought the unlimited for $ 399 and that was for the 5 weeks and they substracted our gold minutes from that worth $ 30 pp so it was great

Interesting! Did they subtract it automatically or did you have to ask?

That is frustrating. And sorry I honestly am not making light of your plight but I was sure you were going to say the downside to hanging out in Seabourn Square is too many lattes and pastries![emoji6]

I am already missing the cookies and bran muffins from the square. And I'm sure dining tonight I'll be missing the bread sticks.

On the Internet, I had the package for 10 day and observations are :

Generally it seemed faster on the Quest (deck 4) this time than on the odyssey (mid-ship deck 6) last time. It seemed equally fast anywhere in the suite, last time it wouldn't work near the verandah but was strong in the bathroom.

The iPads in the suite seemed faster than the computers in the square. Both I and DW noticed this. Maybe it was the proximity to the MDR this time.