St Martin and St Kitts

tncruisergurl

Going to these ports in March. Just looking for ideas of some excursions. I know the hurricane went through and did some damage, but hoping it will be repaired before March

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No way to know what operators will be back on their feet, or if the ports will even be open for that matter.

Right now, from what I have read, St. Kitts is open for cruise traffic so you may want to visit the Ports of Call board for St. Kitts and get some feedback on excursions there. We did a zipline with Sky Safari and it was very good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=428

St. Martin is probably going to be a long time getting back in business and I wouldn't put next March on your plans for that port. JMO and while it could change, with Maria coming I'm not hopeful. It breaks my heart because that's one of our favorite port stops.

Going to these ports in March. Just looking for ideas of some excursions. I know the hurricane went through and did some damage, but hoping it will be repaired before March

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm with you. Plan for visiting St. Maarten in March. It won't be island vacation ready but it will be up and running for ships from what I saw in a video of Philipsburg from last Thursday. The port has taken cruise ships dropping off supplies and picking up hurricane survivors. The island will not be as pretty for many years but it will be functional for a day trip by then IMHO. My guess is that ships will start coming back by January.

received a message from Capt Bob and he was confident that he and many of the tour operators will be ready to be back in action by December. He was not sure however if the ships will be back then but he was hopeful, as they need the cruise dollars to rebuild.