Goff's Cave

Banks822

We've done it twice, most recently in February 2017.

You have to tender from the ship which is approximately 20-25 minutes, then take the boat to Goff's which I think was around 30 minutes. It's worth it in my opinion, it's beautiful there.

Okay, great! That's where we've all decided to go. It looks beautiful!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Yes we loved it there, beautiful little beach and snorkeling right off the rockier section.

We went directly from the ship (Carnival) which was great because it eliminated the tender into port and we had time to tender in later after showering. Apparently that is no longer an option?

But we had no pictures of the beach and water that remind us of it everyday!

• 1 month later...

We've done it twice. 5 years ago and just this past April. Carnival added an excursion that morning and we went to the Caye directly from the ship. No tender to the port. Much faster and likely the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Goffs Caye and absolutely loved it! Very beautiful, very small primitive island with AWESOME snorkeling right from shore.

I have a complete review in my signature line and it has TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

Mistugirly, thanks so much. I loved your review. The pictures are stunning and I have to ask what kind of camera you use. I think it may be a bit too primitive for us, though the toilet was most impressive....did not expect that! I get a sun rash very easily and I do not believe there is enough shade and not having a chair is a real downer.

Thanks Mitsugirly!

Very welcome.

Mistugirly, thanks so much. I loved your review. The pictures are stunning and I have to ask what kind of camera you use. I think it may be a bit too primitive for us, though the toilet was most impressive....did not expect that! I get a sun rash very easily and I do not believe there is enough shade and not having a chair is a real downer.

Thank you! I have some Olympus Tough cameras. I am currently using a TG4 and I also have a 830 and 620. They are amazing little cameras!

I haven't been able to find any information--do you know if you can bring your own chairs? We have some beach chairs that fold up pretty compact. I was planning on bringing a couple for our group. :)

Do they fold up enough to put in a beach bag with your stuff? If they do, I don't see why you couldn't if so. But if they don't fold up enough to tuck away in your beach bag with your towels and stuff you'll be bringing, you probably can't because you have to remember that you'll be on a boat to get there with other people and I'm not sure if there is enough room. I hope that makes sense. :)

• 5 weeks later...

We loved it there. It was worth the trip. He boat ride was a bit packed but the water was the clearest we have seen. And it was so calm. He kids loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We loved this island. There are a couple chairs and a couple picnic tables there, but we just laid out towels and lied down on the sand in a bit of a shady spot. I think if you have the standard fold up chair in a long bag, there will be room to take them on board - but that's just an uneducated guess.

Our excursion offered a guided snorkel tour around the far end of the island. We were really glad we did it. Our guide pointed out a lion fish that I would never have spotted, as well as some lobsters, brittle starfish, and other things. He brought up a couple conch (the season had just opened), and cooked them up on the BBQ and found us out to give us a taste.

The lunch offered on the island is chicken or lobster with rice and corn. Modestly priced and tasted great.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
>> But we had no pictures... <<

That should read "we have pictures" to remind us! Last visit we enjoyed Caye Caulker, but Goff's is a very nice little spit with a nice beach!

Hi, I'm looking into Goff's or Caye Caulker, can you compare the two since you've visited both? Which did you prefer? Any info is greatly appreciated! THanks!

Hi, I'm looking into Goff's or Caye Caulker, can you compare the two since you've visited both? Which did you prefer? Any info is greatly appreciated! THanks!

I'm not Blue but...

Goffs and Caye Caulker are totally two different places. Like on total opposite ends of the spectrum.

Caye Caulker is like a small little town with roads you walk (no driving on them with a car), little markets/stores, restaurants and so on. Goffs is a primitive VERY small island in the middle of the ocean with a small restroom and beautiful sand with snorkeling. They are just totally different.

I PB120066%20copy-L.jpg

PB120068%20copy-L.jpg

PB120203%20copy-L.jpg

GOFFS

P2230380%20copy-L.jpg

P2230101%20copy-L.jpg

Great Snorkeling with some pretty big corals...even right directly off the beach to the side.

P2230206%20copy-L.jpg

If you want to check out all the pictures I have of these places, in my signature line, look up my review for "Shark Ray Alley" (that's for Caye Caulker) and also "Goffs". You'll find tons of pictures.