Anything to do within walking distance of port?

jtdlmc

We will be on Norwegian Epic which I believe docks at the International Pier? We have been to beach clubs on previous visits and would like to hang out within walking distance and maybe go to local bars/restaurant/shops. Any recommendations what to do within walking distance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was under the impression Norwegian generally docked at Punta Langosta, (downtown pier) so you have the whole of San Miguel available to you. International is primarily Royal Caribbean but sometimes other cruislines use it if there is room. Of course with all the extra ships now being assigned to Cozumel there may be some rearranging of docking locations, including possible tendering.

Best to check on Norwegian board to see where it usually docks?

I was just going to post the same question...but I am coming on Royal. So International Pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

International Pier you are more limited.

Shopping at the pier, across the road or you could walk to Puerta Maya, which some people find better or there is supposed to be a new shopping center across from Puerta Maya. A couple of hotels offering AI day passes to the left as you exit - El CID, Park Royal. A few bars and restaurants as you walk north towards town - Tikila, Sunset, La Hach, Ernesto's.

Use Google maps to take a virtual walk.

Great, it is good to know (hopefully with the uncertainty of Eastern Caribbean cruises) that we will dock at Punta Langosta. First time on NCL. Was at International Pier last year on RCL but when I searched on google I got pages saying NCL docked at International as well. Senor Frogs is by Punta Langosta isn't it? I have also read a lot about Pancho's Backyard (maybe something like that?) is that in the Punta Langosta area as well? Any good local Mexican bars/restaurants that are recommended?

I have also read a lot about Pancho's Backyard (maybe something like that?) is that in the Punta Langosta area as well? Any good local Mexican bars/restaurants that are recommended?

Cozumel is one of our favorite ports; so much to do. As far as Poncho’s – we love it and make a point of going no matter what other activities we have planned for the day. (The Mayan ruins are so interesting). It’s at the far end of town but even from the International pier, it’s only about an $8 cab fare to that end of town.

They serve great food, always have nice marimba music, great tequilas and there is a very nice shop adjacent to the restaurant. My wife is a real skin care aficionado and there is a little “pharmacia” about 2 blocks away on the same street that sells some great products at excellent prices. I hope you enjoy your visit – it is an excellent port with an abundance of terrific, friendly people.

Cozumel is one of our favorite ports; so much to do. As far as Poncho’s – we love it and make a point of going no matter what other activities we have planned for the day. (The Mayan ruins are so interesting). It’s at the far end of town but even from the International pier, it’s only about an $8 cab fare to that end of town.

They serve great food, always have nice marimba music, great tequilas and there is a very nice shop adjacent to the restaurant. My wife is a real skin care aficionado and there is a little “pharmacia” about 2 blocks away on the same street that sells some great products at excellent prices. I hope you enjoy your visit – it is an excellent port with an abundance of terrific, friendly people.

What do they sell at the "pharmacia'??? It is like a "drug store/convenience" store in the states????

What do they sell at the "pharmacia'??? It is like a "drug store/convenience" store in the states????
No, it is very small and mainly sells over-the-counter (in Mexico) medications and products; many of which require a prescription in the US.

But she can buy generic Retina A and Lumigan (Revitalash) there at good prices and obviously without a prescription. They have other products she likes too. The owner is nice and products are reliable.