Beer

Travels with Lisa

The usual suspects: Heineken, Becks, Corona, Stella, Peronei, Carlsberg (I'm sure some Bud or Miller, not what I prefer so do not pay attention) along with some one offs. (I'm sure there are others they always have just don't come to mind as I type this). Plus usually on any given cruise they go buy some local beer and there are often left overs from prior cruises, just ask. I am a BIG IPA fan myself and find that is the one offering they rarely have - I sometimes buy something local if I like it (I brewed my own for many years...) and have the bar tender keep it cold for me at my preferred location. But you should not have a hard time finding something you will like, and if not, have a word w/ the head bartender or F&B manager and I am sure they will make the effort as they have for me in the past.

I last sailed on Seabourn 3 years ago & there was no IPA. Surprised to hear that they still don't have it given its popularity with the craft beer scene. Sailing on Encore in April next year, so I guess I'll just bring it aboard myself if they don't have it. I will survive 🍻

2Sailingnomads,

I did think of you on our recent Alaska cruise. I don't drink much beer but when I do I like a nice IPA. On our week prior to the cruise we discovered a few nice IPA from some small micro brews in Girdwood and Anchorage. And one day in Prince Rupert we were going to visit a microbrewery after a short hike with Frantic and her DH but don't you know they were closed that day. We did however repair to a nice restaurant on the water where we washed down fresh cod fish and chips with some local IPA. And the biggest surprise was Seabourn had stocked up on beer from The Alaska Brewing Company -- offering three or four varieties that they produce, including a nice IPA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ive never had a problem with a personal request beforehand. Email Seabourn, in enough time beforehand, and they can normally source it, (just bear in mind where the ship Is before you board, is it feasible to get in the continent the ship is in!! ? ) And Let's face it , do 'all' local unknown craft beers in every state pass the required health precautions !?? Don't know that i'd try them all!

It would be great if seabourn could source some local craft beers in most regions. We also enjoyed the Alaskan summer, IPA and amber beers on board. As did others, as they kept running out and were restocked in many of the larger ports!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ive never had a problem with a personal request beforehand. Email Seabourn, in enough time beforehand, and they can normally source it, (just bear in mind where the ship Is before you board, is it feasible to get in the continent the ship is in!! ? ) And Let's face it , do 'all' local unknown craft beers in every state pass the required health precautions !?? Don't know that i'd try them all!

As Diamond members the Club rep calls us to ask what we would like for special requests, but despite multiple conversations for different cruises and we all agree on what IPA they can provision it never has been on-board, so thank you for the advice but my reality is different from your "advice".

I am a beer and bourbon guy, I drink no wine or champagne. I know, I have three one eyed heads.... We have 20+ Seabourn cruises, and have been on every ship, past and present, that they have ever had in inventory. I have always found it fun to try the local favor, which they almost always have on board. If they don't, just ask and they will usually pickup some at the next port.

Side note, their bourbon selection has gotten much better over the past few years.

Cheers...