Regal Princess Dining Options on Embarkation Day

Ereggae

Would you please let me know what other options are available besides the buffet?

Thank you.

One mid-ship DR, probably deck 6, open from noon to 1:30

Horizon Ct./Horizon Bistro./Pastry Shop buffet area. The Regal has a great buffet, all sections open for boarding day lunch.

Alfredo's: waiter served individual pizza, calzone, and other items

International Cafe: Panini's, salads, desserts, soup

Trident Grill: Burgers, Dogs, Brats, Fries, Chicken, Veggie Burgers, by the lido pool

Prego Pizza: Pizza by the slice, by the Lido Pool

All no charge

Edited by sknight

I am specifically interested in lunch. Most times they try to direct you to the buffet but it is not my favorite place on embarkation day so I would like a heads up in advance.

Not knowing how many cruises you've been on... and we ourselves not having been on the Royal or Regal (this December will be our first and we've already booked the Regal again for next December) the buffet on the Regal is, from what we've read and can tell in video and pictures, much different than other buffet's.

It looks much more accessible and appears to have many more options than your standard ship buffet.

Of course, if I'm off base.. just wait... someone will chime in next to tell us.

;)

This will be my 23rd but first time on the Regal. Every cruise that I have been on where I was forced to go to the buffet, it was difficult getting food because of the long lines and finding a seat. I will definitely try to check in on time to either go to the dining room before it closes or Alfredo's.

Thank you all for your responses.

Edited by Ereggae

I absolutely LOVE the sandwiches at the international cafe. I wound up at the buffet when we boarded but most people think they charge for the sandwiches so it's never very crowded. They are not big sandwiches either, the desserts are small and the salads are yummy. They might be open when you board.

We just got off her on Saturday.

The buffet on the Regal is, from what we've read and can tell in video and pictures, much different than other buffet's.

It looks much more accessible and appears to have many more options than your standard ship buffet.

You are 100% correct.

But for embarkation day lunch it is as much of a zoo as on the other ships.

Is there a time that they get too crowded even on embarkation day?

We didn't see any crowding in Alfredo's on embarkation day. As someone pointed out most people figure that it is a extra charge place and walk on by. The International Cafe is a serve-yourself counter type deal and once you get your food you need to find a table and chair where ever you can in the area. It probably will only be crowded if a lot of people just want to sit around in the Piazza after boarding which can often happen.