Door decorating

volmoma

I've decorated our door for holiday cruises--Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and St. Patrick's Day. I haven't bothered with a lot of decorations for other cruises, but sometimes we'll have a magnet from our hockey team on the door.

We will sail for the first time on the Emrald Princess in March 2016. I think I may decorate the door in a fun Priate Theme. Last Spring we cruised with NL;C I decorated the door with a Happy 12th Birthday Theme for my son. He was sooooo embarrased, however my two year old and I had a blast decorating. I used tape and magnets. It was very easy to find our cabin, and my son received lots of Birthday well wishes.

I take my cactus cut out and tape it to the door every cruise and I also have a "computer designed" 8 X 11" paper with a design and my cruise critic name on it.(click on my name above and click public profile and you can view my door)

So far no one has taken it for their use, how rude that would be.....:mad:

It really helps me find the cabin door so much easier and festive as well.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

A word of Caution.... We knew of people who decorated their door during Halloween using sticky gel-type (like the texture of Gummy Bears) letters and designs. They said that it adhered and removed nice, however, each item bled through against the door and the room steward and maintenance crew could not wash it off even after using 5 different cleaning materials. I don't know if they ended up replacing the door or not.

A word of Caution.... We knew of people who decorated their door during Halloween using sticky gel-type (like the texture of Gummy Bears) letters and designs. They said that it adhered and removed nice, however, each item bled through against the door and the room steward and maintenance crew could not wash it off even after using 5 different cleaning materials. I don't know if they ended up replacing the door or not.

Good point Joe. I always use just regular tape and have never had a problem. Hi Joe and Amelia . Miss cruising with you, maybe someday we will meet again

Julie

We decorate the door every cruise! Something different for each day in fact. It's fun for hubby and I to spend time on it before the cruise, when it seems there are soo many days til our trip. It cheers us up, and is a creative thing we love doing together.

Just don't use anything valuable. Sadly, on a ta a couple of years ago someone had a Swiss flag that they had used on their door for over 25 cruises--someone stole it one night. They had a note on the door giving its history and asking for it to be returned, but they didn't get it back.

That's so crappy! Most of ours are personal (with our pictures) so at least nobody would want those! Too bad people can't just enjoy seeing decorations, not steal them! I'd love it if more people decorated, it's fun to see what others come up with.

I bring tape and cards and hearts and all kinds of things to decorate cabin doors when I cruise with my friends and family. It is usually for a special occasion, so I find Christmas decorations, hearts (anniversary) and birthday/anniversary cards to add to the Princess decorations! We never have trouble finding our cabins

My DH sometimes forgets the cabin number,so I had a nice fish magnet on the door. Last month,on the Star,someone took it! So don't put anything that you will miss.
Yes, on our last cruise, one of the roll call members made really nice buttons for all of us. I used mine to decorate the door and it was taken within 3 days.

On another cruise, I put a magnet with a Trip Advisor owl on my granddaughter's (they like owls) door so they could find the cabin and it was taken. Their mother saw it much further down the passageway and had the nerve to knock on the door and ask for it back. That person was a travel agent and thought someone in her group was responsible. When we put it back on the door, we wrote our name on the front and it stayed put after that.

We have also had balloons taken from our door.

Sad.

Edited by cboyle

Yes, on our last cruise, one of the roll call members made really nice buttons for all of us. I used mine to decorate the door and it was taken within 3 days.

On another cruise, I put a magnet with a Trip Advisor owl on my granddaughter's (they like owls) door so they could find the cabin and it was taken. Their mother saw it much further down the passageway and had the nerve to knock on the door and ask for it back. That person was a travel agent and thought someone in her group was responsible. When we put it back on the door, we wrote our name on the front and it stayed put after that.

We have also had balloons taken from our door.

Sad.

Sad is not the word for people that do things like this.:mad: I hope your granddaughter was happy when her owls came back to her.

Tony

Sad is not the word for people that do things like this.:mad: I hope your granddaughter was happy when her owls came back to her.

Tony

Yes, they were happy that the owl flew back. They were only 2 and 3 at the time and could not understand why someone would take it.