Dinning room dress code

volmoma

• 1 month later...
Just got off the Crown. Definitely turned shorts away...

Was this on a formal night, or smart casual? Shorts, flip-flops and t-shirts were allowed on smart casual nights on the Ruby last month :(.

I wish Princess would be more consistent about things, but it doesn't seem to be in its DNA.

That is very, very unusual.

Unfortunately, t's with and without writing on them were allowed night after night in the mdr on smart casual nights on the Royal TA in September. In fact, a plain t-shirt under a jacket--not a sport coat or blazer--was allowed on formal nights.

Edited by FritzG

Unfortunately, t's with and without writing on them were allowed night after night in the mdr on smart casual nights on the Royal TA in September. In fact, a plain t-shirt under a jacket--not a sport coat or blazer--was allowed on formal nights.

By not wanting to offend those who don't follow the rules, Princess ends up offending many who do. It creates a slippery slope. I found myself wondering why should I bother ironing a few wrinkles out of my dress pants for dinner in the MDR, when the guy at the next table will show up in shorts again (and did)?

I agree with another poster who once said Princess should either enforce the MDR dress rules, or eliminate them completely.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

• 2 weeks later...
By not wanting to offend those who don't follow the rules, Princess ends up offending many who do.

I agree with another poster who once said Princess should either enforce the MDR dress rules, or eliminate them completely.

No joke. I don't have a strong opinion either way, but either change the rule officially or enforce it entirely.

I am assuming, by the responses here, that DH will not be out of place in a Polo shirt and Dockers slacks on smart casual nights. The videos make it look like all the men wear suits to dinner all the time.

..I am assuming, by the responses here, that DH will not be out of place in a Polo shirt and Dockers slacks on smart casual nights. The videos make it look like all the men wear suits to dinner all the time.

Dockers and a polo shirt will be fine for smart casual nights. A suit is fine for formal nights, but would be overdressed for smart casual these days on many itineraries.