When do ship excursions open for booking ?

kazda

Hi

I Logged into 'MY Princess' account to look over the excursions available for our May 28th 2016 Alaska cruise.

As the excursions do not load for any of the 3 ports we're visiting , is there a set date when the ship excursions are open for booking ? EG 200 days from sailing date. Currently at 294 days out from sailing

Thanks

Karen

Hi

I Logged into 'MY Princess' account to look over the excursions available for our May 28th 2016 Alaska cruise.

As the excursions do not load for any of the 3 ports we're visiting , is there a set date when the ship excursions are open for booking ? EG 200 days from sailing date. Currently at 294 days out from sailing

Thanks

Karen

Why not call Princess and ask them?:)

Why not call Princess and ask them?:)

Because the agent will just parrot the standard statement of how long before a cruise excursions become available. This is because the agent will not have any direct knowledge of how close Princess is to arranging the excursion contracts.

paul929207's post above is the best answer currently possible.

Because the agent will just parrot the standard statement of how long before a cruise excursions become available. This is because the agent will not have any direct knowledge of how close Princess is to arranging the excursion contracts.

paul929207's post above is the best answer currently possible.

Thanks for the input, and I agree the replies from experienced Princess cruisers on this forum is much more beneficial than phoning Princess for their 'standard' answer.

• 3 weeks later...

In October of 2014 I booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for May of 2016. I think it was about January of 2015 when I could reserve shore excursions. There have been other cruises when the excursions were available for booking as much as a year in advance of the cruise. It does vary greatly though so just keep checking your personalizer.

• 1 month later...

We're about 6 months out from our Princess cruise, some excursions were avail months ago and some just popped up.

If you're doing a "regular" stop (meaning one of their weekly swings), those operators typically are the same ole same ole and you're able to book pretty far in advance as it is their bread/butter.

If you're doing something "exotic" like a world cruise or like the 28 day Hawaii cruise, a lot of those excursion operators are added as the date approaches and they are confirmed.

In my experience, whatever there will be available is there by the 120 mark.

Edited by Viesczy

Ours just opened for our Sept. 2016 cruise, but they have to paid for within 24 hours or they are cancelled. Is this the new norm?

Ours dont need to be paid for. All it says is that they can be paid for in advance of embarkation if you want to. This is Alaska. Where is your cruise? Celebrity makes you pay upfront.

Alaska. This is in the confirmation email:

"We're delighted you've pre-reserved shore excursions for your upcoming cruise vacation. To ensure your shore excursion reservations are complete full payment for your excursions is required.

Alaska. This is in the confirmation email:

"We're delighted you've pre-reserved shore excursions for your upcoming cruise vacation. To ensure your shore excursion reservations are complete full payment for your excursions is required.

Yikes. I can see everything has been confirmed in the personaliser but havent received any emails requiring payment. I did receive a general email a few weeks ago welcoming me (having paid the deposit) and that said no payment required for excursions. I wonder if it is specific excursions then? Im on the Island Princess.

This is on my personaliser after all my confirmed excursions:

b2b3950b2759e14736329b0f6b137d8b.jpg

Edited by Pushka

I think I've figured it out. There is a pre-cruise special and in order to save 5% payment has to be paid in full.

Ah ok. There are no specials on the Aussie site. I'd like more than a 5% discount for paying that far in advance. Check they are refundable also. If our Aussie dollar improves I might gradually pay off ours.

Hi

Thanks

Karen

Our trip to Alaska is July 2016. I received an email from Princess yesterday saying excursions for this cruise were now open for booking.....10 months ahead of the trip.

I think I've figured it out. There is a pre-cruise special and in order to save 5% payment has to be paid in full.

Or they're excursions booked for the land portion of an Alaska cruisetour. Those have had to be paid in advance.

Nope, I'm on a 10 day round trip from SFO, and the excursions are available for pre-pay only. I tried to book and they cancelled after 24 hours. I've never seen that before.

From an e-mail received today about a Mexican Riviera cruise:

Just remember to be sure to book early as spots fill up fast. As a reminder, we're pleased to offer you the convenient option to pre-pay for shore excursions online via Cruise Personalizer. However, no payment is required to pre-reserve and advance bookings can be cancelled without penalty up until the closing time for cancellations, as published onboard.