Bring ur own Water & soda?

Yurita

Going on our cruise soon and since I haven't taken a Princes cruise since 2009 ( I think??), I was wondering 2 things

1. Can u bring your own water & soda?

2. Does anyone know which movies are currently playing under the stars or in the cabin?

3. The star-gazing activity activity at night... is it included or is it an extra? also how does it work? (a certain amount of people per night?)

Thank you!

Edited by Yurita

Hi, unlimited soda and water is allowed. Place luggage tags on the packages and they will arrive in your room sometime before bedtime. The movie question will have to be answered by someone onboard now. Which ship are you going on? Not sure that matters but it may help.

Star gazing? honestly never heard of that on Princess. But I have not sailed since last April 2015

Star gazing? honestly never heard of that on Princess. But I have not sailed since last April 2015

Part of the Discovery Channel at Sea partnership; Link to original press release.

There has been at least one report from a participant on here. Can't recall if they said the group was limited to a maximum number (logic says it would).

Edited by fishywood

Why water? The ship's water is as clean or cleaner than the water you drink at home (tap or bottled).

The filtering process involves salt. Some passengers can't handle it for various health reasons. I prefer bottled water myself. Why question it?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

We did the star gazing last fall on a partial Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. There was no fee and no limit of participants. They just had a notice in the patter of when and where to meet. I think it was about 45 minutes long. It was interesting

They did the star gazing on the Royal back in March. Of course it had to be done on a clear night and have one of the cruise directors staff lead it, but anybody could go. No number limit. They did it twice. It sometimes was crowded around the computer when Dave tried to supplement what he was pointing out by showing something on his computer. Pretty cool though.

The filtering process involves salt. Some passengers can't handle it for various health reasons. I prefer bottled water myself. Why question it?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Please don't perpetuate erroneous "old wives' tales." Part of the purification process for ship water involves DEsalination (not the addition of salt). The salt issue for some passengers is related primarily to overly salted food preparation intended to satisfy the bulk of mass market cruisers.

Please don't perpetuate erroneous "old wives' tales." Part of the purification process for ship water involves DEsalination (not the addition of salt). The salt issue for some passengers is related primarily to overly salted food preparation intended to satisfy the bulk of mass market cruisers.

If someone wants to bring water (for whatever reason) why should anyone else care? If they want to pay the extra for it, I think they can. This is a bizarre twist to OP's initial questions. Yes, you can bring your own water, and no one will question your motives for doing it (at least not on the ship.)

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe new ships use the heat of the engines to distill the sea water. Then a small amount of minerals are added back to make the water suitable for human use.

If someone wants to bring water (for whatever reason) why should anyone else care? If they want to pay the extra for it, I think they can. This is a bizarre twist to OP's initial questions. Yes, you can bring your own water, and no one will question your motives for doing it (at least not on the ship.)

Some folks don't like to see other folks waste time and money because they are thinking of doing something probably based on the erroneous info they got on CC.

And then there's all that plastic waste. But, that's probably another thread.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe new ships use the heat of the engines to distill the sea water. Then a small amount of minerals are added back to make the water suitable for human use.

Some of the ship's water is desalinated while other of the water is loaded from trusted/tested sources at select ports. Ship water is filtered to tolerances that exceed most municipal water sources and salt is not among the reintroduced minerals.

Search "ship water" in the CC "ask a cruise question" forum for a more complete and detailed explanation by more than one marine engineer.

thanks everyone for the answers. Regarding the water, I know it sounds weird, but I am a very picky water drinker. There are only 3 kinds of water I "can't taste". EX: I can't stand Aquafina. To me it tastes like aspirin. Same for some resorts and cruise ships.

thanks everyone for the answers. Regarding the water, I know it sounds weird, but I am a very picky water drinker. There are only 3 kinds of water I "can't taste". EX: I can't stand Aquafina. To me it tastes like aspirin. Same for some resorts and cruise ships.

Don't book on Carnival. They no longer allow any bottled water to be brought on board.

No, there is not "extra cost" for bringing bottled water on board.

Tom

No, there is not "extra cost" for bringing bottled water on board.

Tom

You misunderstand. I was responding to the post where they questioned "wasting money" on bottled water. I know there is no "extras cost" to bring it aboard (beyond what it cost to buy in the first place.)

You misunderstand. I was responding to the post where they questioned "wasting money" on bottled water. I know there is no "extras cost" to bring it aboard (beyond what it cost to buy in the first place.)

When did they start to charge for bringing on water? :p

We always take some aboard. My wife likes the flavored Propel brand water. It's not much of a hassle and we just take a few bottles in our carry on. We may take as many as half a dozen for our upcoming 17 day cruise but it's something she wants so I don't see any problem with it. She also drinks the ship's water - the Propel is just a non caloric item in place of soda.

We bring on board 1 case of bottled watter (24 bottles)- We also bring onboard, diet ginger ale, and decaf diet coke. Jus put in collapsable duffle bag that I pack in my suitcase. We do this because:

Princess doesn't have on board the two soda options, which I like to have at dinner. I like the convenience of having a couple of water bottles with me when going off the ship- and when back in my cabin at night. I still get basic soda package which I will make use of at lunch- and occasionally at dinner for diet sprite/7 up, if in the mood. We have done this several Princess sailings without any problem.

I actually would be fine with Princess not allowing water bottles, as long as they would charge a reasonable amount for just purchasing the water as needed, on board. Celebrity includes water with their soda package- I can't for the life of me figure out why Princess doesn't have water included. For dh and myself, Princess all inclusive drink package would be an expensive waste of money.

thanks everyone for the answers. Regarding the water, I know it sounds weird, but I am a very picky water drinker. There are only 3 kinds of water I "can't taste". EX: I can't stand Aquafina. To me it tastes like aspirin. Same for some resorts and cruise ships.[/ QUOTE]

I do understand what you mean. We have a water filter at home. I don't drink fizzy drinks or tea or coffee so if I am out and need a drink I'll buy bottled water but generally take a refillable stainless steel bottle with me.

The water on the Royal was beautiful. Very nice, no chlorine taste, no bad taste at all. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. I don't know about the other princess ships

Edited by paddingtonbear