Dinning room dress code

volmoma

Please help..... We're not new to cruising by any means. This will be our 22nd. ....but it will be our first on Princess. We're cruising with our son, daughter n law and granddaughter. (first time on Princess also) Now here's my question... I see were men's cruise causal only states slacks and open collar shirts....He is an die hard golfer, so would NICE golf shirts and shorts with loafers or boat shoes be ok??? It has only been the last few cruises that I've been able to get him comfortable enough to wear this to the main dinning room for dinner. If not he can always pack several pair of slacks...I know formal/elegant nights are suit and tie, no problem there. If this is a sore spot for those that dress to the nines every night I apologize in advance. Any constructive/helpful advice will be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations, we sail in December!! [emoji267][emoji319][emoji320]

Thank you....again... LOL. I'm from the south and feel guilty if I don't say Thank you or Excuse me.

Just good old fashioned manners.

Seem to be going out of style.

Thank you for retaining them.

Just good old fashioned manners.

Seem to be going out of style.

Thank you for retaining them.

Especially in young children and teens... Come to think about it, we just returned from the southern Caribbean, that would include most young adults.

Edited by volmoma

On the Royal/Regal in the Caribbean shorts are allowed on the 1st and last night of your cruise. Lots of men wore them on our April cruise and I also asked and they said it was ok because a lot of people don't get there luggage on time and on the last night people pack there bags before dinner.

On the Royal/Regal in the Caribbean shorts are allowed on the 1st and last night of your cruise. Lots of men wore them on our April cruise and I also asked and they said it was ok because a lot of people don't get there luggage on time and on the last night people pack there bags before dinner.

MOST matey d's cut some slack on first/lat night, also why formal night isn't on these nights.

BUT not all matey D's will do so.

As others have stated no shorts in the main dining room for dinner; other meals in the MDRs or anytime in the Horizon Court (the buffet), shorts are fine. Golf shirts, polo shirts, tropical shirts (that's what my hubby wears on smart casual nights) perfectly fine. Really nice jeans are ok too, but not really practical for warm weather cruises.

I can't remember not having our luggage by dinner time on any of our cruises (we go for late traditional). On the last night, I would keep out pants for dinner and then wear the next day, but then our last three cruises were to Hawaii, and disembarkation in Los Angeles in January so not shorts weather, and the cruise before that was an Alaskan one (cool, rainy weather in August in Seattle).

... would NICE golf shirts and shorts with loafers or boat shoes be ok?...I know formal/elegant nights are suit and tie, no problem there...

As others have said, shorts at dinner are not okay. He might want to consider packing a suit for formal nights in a color or weave that would allow him to wear the pants alone with a nice golf shirt on dressy casual nights. That would help minimize the amount of packing and luggage required :).

Please help..... We're not new to cruising by any means. This will be our 22nd. ....but it will be our first on Princess. Now here's my question... I see were men's cruise causal only states slacks and open collar shirts....He is an die hard golfer, so would NICE golf shirts and shorts with loafers or boat shoes be ok??? [emoji267][emoji319][emoji320]

Since your DH is very into golfing, strongly suggest he wear on Smart Casual nights what he would if he were playing in a major gold tournament -- a golf shirt and LONG pants ... but loafers or boat shoes rather than the golf shoes. :D

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

As others have said, shorts at dinner are not okay. He might want to consider packing a suit for formal nights in a color or weave that would allow him to wear the pants alone with a nice golf shirt on dressy casual nights. That would help minimize the amount of packing and luggage required :).

Just like on Pinterest....8 piece mix and match!![emoji149][emoji153][emoji154][emoji158][emoji148] LOL

But what if they're "fancy" cleats with lots of bling? :rolleyes:

Am I missing something ?? Cleats??? All I did was make FUNNY with all the men's emojis, I'm half blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. ( not really) I thought they were a pair of dress shoes and tennis shoes. Hahaha. .