Royal Princess Mini-Suite Recommendations

Hunter308

Hi all,

Tomorrow I intend to book a mini-suite aboard the Royal Princess. This is my first time cruising so I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips or recommendations as to *where* or *which* mini-suite to book.

Not really concerned about balcony size as I've read here that the "prized" large balconies often have issues with soot. I'd say privacy/quiet and access to stairs/elevators would be my main priorities in that order.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you want a larger balcony, check the ones out in the mid-ship "bump out" area where there are larger balconies.

There's a review on CC that says the mini-suites on the midship bump out have to deal with a blue light shining in the balcony and people constantly being able to see in from the Seawalk above.

So then I figured I'd get a room near the elevators but then I realized that'd be noisy.

Edited by Hunter308

Right now I'm leaning toward a mini-suite towards the front or rear of the ship but not the middle or actual front/rear.

Just not sure what deck to go with. On one hand I can be close to the pool and bars, etc. but on the other decks I can be in what one would assume is a quieter area surrounded by other cabins.

Any thoughts guys?

Hi all,

Tomorrow I intend to book a mini-suite aboard the Royal Princess. This is my first time cruising so I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips or recommendations as to *where* or *which* mini-suite to book.

Not really concerned about balcony size as I've read here that the "prized" large balconies often have issues with soot. I'd say privacy/quiet and access to stairs/elevators would be my main priorities in that order.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am booked in a Mini-Suite (Royal Princess). Since this is your first cruise, my best advice for choosing a deck is: choose a deck in between cabin decks; don't book anything under/above a venue and/or pool deck. I always try to stay 'sandwiched' in between two cabin decks (above & below me); after we booked a balcony room right above the piano bar. Every night we could hear the singer as if he was singing inside our room.:rolleyes:

Since you are sailing on the Royal and I'm familiar with the ship, I personally booked a cabin mid-foward, in between the main elevators and the foward stairs, example (R317 to R401). Personally I would try to avoid those cabins under the SeaWalk, but that's a personal preference.

Good luck & happy planning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am booked in a Mini-Suite (Royal Princess). Since this is your first cruise, my best advice for choosing a deck is: choose a deck in between cabin decks; don't book anything under/above a venue and/or pool deck. I always try to stay 'sandwiched' in between two cabin decks (above & below me); after we booked a balcony room right above the piano bar. Every night we could hear the singer as if he was singing inside our room.:rolleyes:

Since you are sailing on the Royal and I'm familiar with the ship, I personally booked a cabin mid-foward, in between the main elevators and the foward stairs, example (R317 to R401). Personally I would try to avoid those cabins under the SeaWalk, but that's a personal preference.

Good luck & happy planning!

Are you talking about directly beneath a pool or venue? For example, Deck 16 has a pool and outdoor area. If I book a Mini-Suite on Deck 15 I can actually get one directly beneath the *cabin* area of Deck 16, not the pool area of 16. This means I'm one elevator stop or a quick flight of stairs from the pool but should also have cabins directly above and beneath me.

If it's still possible that it'll be noisy, I won't do it. I'd rather spend more to get a quiet cabin between two only-cabin floors if that is necessary to ensure a quiet trip. I guess I've been a little swayed due to all the reviewers saying stuff like "we stayed directly beneath *insert restaurant, bar or venue* and didn't hear one thing the whole trip..."

I realize this could definitely be a lucky circumstance though.

Edited by Hunter308
  • Thanks 1

There's a review on CC that says the mini-suites on the midship bump out have to deal with a blue light shining in the balcony and people constantly being able to see in from the Seawalk above.

So then I figured I'd get a room near the elevators but then I realized that'd be noisy.

The SeaWalk is on the starboard side (right side, odd numbered cabins). Get a mini on the bump out on the port side (left side, even numbered cabins) under the SeaView bar and there's no chance of someone looking in. I haven't heard of any problems with lights from the bar either. I'll be able to confirm a week from today when we start a 20 day cruise on the Royal Princess in a Caribe mini with an extended balcony:D.

Edited by capriccio

I was in A410, which is a midship mini under the Sea View bar. It was a great location near the elevators (no stairs though) and had a larger balcony. We booked the same cabin on the Regal for next year.

Edited by pcsunlover

I have been in a forward mini suite on Marina deck, 215 I think. It was great. Very quiet. High up view of sea, dark on balcony at night. I watched a bunch of Pilot whales on the first sea day, you could see them under the water as you went by. We have also discovered the forward premium mini suites on Lido and Marina and love the corner ones on Lido deck, but the prices have gotten pretty high for the premium minis.

Good luck with your cabin choice.

The SeaWalk is on the starboard side (right side, odd numbered cabins). Get a mini on the bump out on the port side (left side, even numbered cabins) under the SeaView bar and there's no chance of someone looking in. I haven't heard of any problems with lights from the bar either. I'll be able to confirm a week from today when we start a 20 day cruise on the Royal Princess in a Caribe mini with an extended balcony:D.

We are booked on the Royal (our first time on the new ships) in a mini-suite (L414) and our friends (first time cruisers) are booked in L428 (both with the larger, angled balconies October on a 10-day Eastern Caribbean Voyager. These are on the port side, under the Seaview bar, so very hard to see in to your balcony. Do a search on YouTube to find the many videos that show the Seaview bar and Skywalk on the Royal/Regal. They show views down in to the rooms. I wouldn't want to book a room on the Marina, Riviera or Aloha decks right underneath the Skywalk as you can see right in to the rooms if the curtains are open (as per the videos on YouTube).

Paul

• Thanks 1

We are booked on the Royal (our first time on the new ships) in a mini-suite (L414) and our friends (first time cruisers) are booked in L428 (both with the larger, angled balconies October on a 10-day Eastern Caribbean Voyager. These are on the port side, under the Seaview bar, so very hard to see in to your balcony. Do a search on YouTube to find the many videos that show the Seaview bar and Skywalk on the Royal/Regal. They show views down in to the rooms. I wouldn't want to book a room on the Marina, Riviera or Aloha decks right underneath the Skywalk as you can see right in to the rooms if the curtains are open (as per the videos on YouTube).

Paul

I was looking at one of those angled ones as well.

Honestly my main concern is stairs now. As you can see I've put off booking both cause I've been busy and to research this stairs issue more. Is there any deck with staterooms that alleviates the elevator situation at least a little? Would it be better to be on the very bottom stateroom deck to have an easier time getting to the food, etc. decks below?

Edited by Hunter308

I just read that there are actually stairs at the forward and aft ends of the ship. This relieves me quite a bit.

In fact I'm tempted to downgrade to a balcony cabin at either the forward or aft end of the ship on deck 8 so it's just a short walk down a flight of stairs or two to get to all the food and places below rather than waiting for the elevators. Does this sound like a good idea?

We're on the first leg of your back to back Capriccio. Hope to meet you onboard ! We're in a MA but we have one of the Odd # cabins on Caribe deck.

Had I known about the even/odd cabins, I probably would have looked to book even, but it's too late now. Hey, we're on a Cruise, and I won't be at work for 10 days... so it's all good. If we feel that folks are looking in, we'll keep the curtains closed more than usual. No biggie.

Can't wait to be onboard Royal Princess. I hear so many good things about her. I will post my insights when we return home.

Edited by Host Andy

We're on the first leg of your back to back Capriccio. Hope to meet you onboard ! We're in a MA but we have one of the Odd # cabins on Caribe deck.

Andy - I think Caribe deck is far enough under the SeaWalk that you shouldn't have a problem with peepers! We will see you at the meet and great!

Hi all,

What do you guys think of Deck 15 mid-forward or mid-aft? This gives me access to the stairs when needed to go right on up a deck to access the upper decks. As long as I'm not under a pool area I should be good for noise too.

Andy - I think Caribe deck is far enough under the SeaWalk that you shouldn't have a problem with peepers! We will see you at the meet and great!

I'll see you both at the meet & greet next week. I chose a mini on Aloha mid-aft. It looked like a good location on paper. I hope so. See you soon.

Hi all,

What do you guys think of Deck 15 mid-forward or mid-aft? This gives me access to the stairs when needed to go right on up a deck to access the upper decks. As long as I'm not under a pool area I should be good for noise too.

If you don't have a cabin above you it may be very noisy. Pam in CA has stated a number of times that she had a deck 15 balcony cabin and noise from chairs and other things above her was very bad. If there is a cabin overhead then no issue, Ihave stayed in a Mini suite on 15 forward and really liked it. I was near the stairs/elevator and only 1 deck up to the Lido deck. But from the forward elevators to the aft there are no cabins above you.

• 2 months later...