Reservations for shows

volmoma

No reservations for shows on Princess. I have heard that other lines (RCL?) require this and it boggles the mind.

That being said, you may want to arrive 20 minutes early to the evening show to secure yourself a seat of your choice.

No reservations for shows on Princess. I have heard that other lines (RCL?) require this and it boggles the mind.

That being said, you may want to arrive 20 minutes early to the evening show to secure yourself a seat of your choice.

TY!!! Will do, and happy cruising!!

They do help you out by usually having two seatings for the main events, to fit around the dining schedules. So should you miss the first show, you have the opportunity to stay up and see the 2nd performance.

they do help you out by usually having two seatings for the main events, to fit around the dining schedules. So should you miss the first show, you have the opportunity to stay up and see the 2nd performance.

ty!

No reserving. all seats are first come basis.

Except for all the hammerheads that hold seats for the rest of their party which is completely agravating! grrr

And I know there are rules about that (just like at the pool) but in all the shows we been to havnt seen

anyone insist on taking open seats when they are being reserved for late arriving companions

Edited by califgary

Most cruises we have been on getting to the showroom 20 minutes early is the latest you should get there for the early show. We normally get there at least 30 minutes. It does get very crowded.

Most cruises we have been on getting to the showroom 20 minutes early is the latest you should get there for the early show. We normally get there at least 30 minutes. It does get very crowded.

Thanks!!! Totally understand the CAHOGS!!! (Chair hogs!!)

Thanks!!! Totally understand the CAHOGS!!! (Chair hogs!!)

LOL You would be surprised that it's not really the chair hogs but seasoned travelers that want to see the early show and know that it can fill up fast. You should see the looks on some when they enter a minute before the show and start complaining they can't find a seat and want a crewmember to find something that isn't there. Live and learn. :)

New to Princess so please bare with me, do you have to reserve seats for the nightly shows in the theater??? I know this is a no on Carnival but wasn't sure on Princess, thanks in advance....

The answer NO. One night I seen two guys almost have a fistfight over two seats.

Tony

IIRC, on our most recent cruises, prerecorded announcements were played multiple times before shows stating the saving of multiple seats was not allowed.

For those cruises, it seemed to me that seat saving was pretty much a thing of the past.

Happily, we don't have to reserve seats ahead of time on Princess! :)

One good thing about reserving seats that I appreciated on the Oasis, is that you can reserve a cruise fill of shows before you board. Then on the ship you never have to think about it . Imprinted on your cruise card are you "tickets" . If once on board you change your mind and don't want to go, no worries, all reserved seats are released 5 or 10 minutes before showtime. It's a win, win.

One good thing about reserving seats that I appreciated on the Oasis, is that you can reserve a cruise fill of shows before you board. Then on the ship you never have to think about it . Imprinted on your cruise card are you "tickets" . If once on board you change your mind and don't want to go, no worries, all reserved seats are released 5 or 10 minutes before showtime. It's a win, win.

But to get a good seat even with a reservation, you need to line up way ahead of showtime.