72 hour elite laundry

antsp

On our recent cruise on the Emerald, our cabin steward handed us a notice informing us that laundry would take 72 hours to be returned.

The reason for this was that there was over 1000 elite passengers on board, this through us a little a we had packed very light.

Do you not think Princess should pre warn you via email before sailings so passengers could pack accordingly as they would be well aware of the number of elites on board.

On our recent cruise on the Emerald, our cabin steward handed us a notice informing us that laundry would take 72 hours to be returned.

The reason for this was that there was over 1000 elite passengers on board, this through us a little a we had packed very light.

Do you not think Princess should pre warn you via email before sailings so passengers could pack accordingly as they would be well aware of the number of elites on board.

I wonder if the Princess computer system even has the capability to send a e-mail to only Elite passengers on a given cruise. What was your itinerary? I would expect longer and more exotic cruises to have a high proportion of Elites and would plan accordingly. An example would be the South American combination itineraries that occasionally sail between LA and FLL by way of Cape Horn. I am assuming that our 50th Anniversary cruise on the Pacific in December will be well over 50% Elites and we will pack accordingly and not rely on the ship's laundry.

I wonder if the Princess computer system even has the capability to send a e-mail to only Elite passengers on a given cruise. What was your itinerary? I would expect longer and more exotic cruises to have a high proportion of Elites and would plan accordingly. An example would be the South American combination itineraries that occasionally sail between LA and FLL by way of Cape Horn. I am assuming that our 50th Anniversary cruise on the Pacific in December will be well over 50% Elites and we will pack accordingly and not rely on the ship's laundry.

They can send offers based on all kinds of things, and notifications for your upcoming cruises, so any computer system set should be able to do that.

It was a 7 Day Med, however the next cruise was the repo, and 900 pax stayed onboard

I've started to just plan on doing some laundry myself. I love the free laundry, but sometimes it's just easier to do it myself.

Quite so.. especially if you stress over the return of "lost" laundry, as was our case on the night before disembarking.

It was a 7 Day Med, however the next cruise was the repo, and 900 pax stayed onboard

if its only a 7 day cruise if you got your laundry done on day 3 you should have it back by day 6 and then you disembark on day 7

72 hours is actually triple the time it's meant to take, my point is Princess should pre warn you about the problems

Actually, 33 hours is what it should take. (In by 9 AM, back the next day around 6 PM).

Free Elite laundry does not include same day processing although it can occur some of the time..

That is too bad. I wonder if that was the case for people in suites as well.

Tracie, I was on the same cruise as Antsp but in a suite and got my laundry back within 24 hours. I think suites have priority over Elites as there is a manageable number of them.

Norris

If I am on a cruise longer than 3 weeks, I figure that there will a lot of Elites on board and plan accordingly. We got the 72 hour notice on a 32 day South America Cruise in February.

I sometimes wonder if this service is sometimes taken advantage of.

WCC

Let me start by saying I'm new to princess and certainly NOT challenging your opinion... I just wasn't clear on what you meant by the last line of your post.

I have been reading princess threads ALOT since this summer and I am intrigued by the loyalty program.

I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you meant by "service is taken advantage of" because ,as it stands now, it implies you believe people are doing something wrong ???

Let me start by saying I'm new to princess and certainly NOT challenging your opinion... I just wasn't clear on what you meant by the last line of your post.

I have been reading princess threads ALOT since this summer and I am intrigued by the loyalty program.

I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you meant by "service is taken advantage of" because ,as it stands now, it implies you believe people are doing something wrong ???

There have been reports of people sending out multiple bags every day or so which would imply that they are sending out laundry for friends who are not Elite. That is the potential "taking advantage of."

I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you meant by "service is taken advantage of" because ,as it stands now, it implies you believe people are doing something wrong ???[/quote

There have been stories of people sending things to the laundry as soon as they are on board. Also sending "non-elite" passengers' things along with theirs. The same thing with letting someone else use your internet minutes. I have seen that happen.

It was not my attempt to get into an argument or big discussion.