Attire for Wedding Guests Attire: Embarkation Day Wedding

Hello Everyone,

What is the proper attire for attending a cruise ship wedding? I have never been on a cruise before and I want all my guest to look nice. I am working on updating my website and want to let guests know the attire for the wedding. I am getting married in October in Baltimore. Is dressy casual appropriate? Thanks in advance! :)

I think it is really up to the bride and groom, I've seen pictures of all different attires for cruise weddings from formal to casual so advise them to dress however you want them to dress. I know a factor for me was that they will be in Miami in August so I wouldn't want to say formal since they would sweat right through everything but you can make it as formal or as causal as you want since the weather won't be as hot/humid.

I am planning on listing the attire as informal beach attire.

Beach Casual-

Men: Khakis or shorts (cargo or Bermuda) , knit or polo shirt , sport jacket (optional) or sweater

Women: Sundress, khakis or shorts (cargo or Bermuda), open-collar, knit, or polo shirt, lightweight jacket or sweater.

But it is up to you for what you do for your wedding.

We are getting married in port in Miami. We wanted to be conscious of the heat since guests will be waiting 2 hours for the wedding. We listed "resort casual" and defined that as khakis and golf shirts for the men and dress shorts and tanks or sun dresses for the ladies.

What is your wedding party wearing? If they are in gowns and tuxes, it might be odd for the guests to dress too casually. But if the wedding will less formal than casual for the guests would be totally appropriate.

Just attended a cruise wedding out of NYC. Bridesmaids were in cocktail dresses and groomsmen in formal suits. The guest pretty much wore the same thing one would wear to any daytime wedding. Guys were in suits or jackets and ties, women were mostly in dresses, or dressy slacks. Defintely not cocktail attire, but also not what I would call casual. For a fall wedding out of Baltimore, I think resort or beach wear might be a stretch. You might try a "cruise term" like "smart casual".

What is your wedding party wearing? If they are in gowns and tuxes, it might be odd for the guests to dress too casually. But if the wedding will less formal than casual for the guests would be totally appropriate.

Just attended a cruise wedding out of NYC. Bridesmaids were in cocktail dresses and groomsmen in formal suits. The guest pretty much wore the same thing one would wear to any daytime wedding. Guys were in suits or jackets and ties, women were mostly in dresses, or dressy slacks. Defintely not cocktail attire, but also not what I would call casual. For a fall wedding out of Baltimore, I think resort or beach wear might be a stretch. You might try a "cruise term" like "smart casual".

s07_81350.png.fpx&cmp-color=a1,x6A242F&cmp-end=1&wid=180&hei=400&cvt=jpgMy Bridesmaids are wearing this outfit and the groomsmen will be in tuxs. Thank you everyone for your advice. :)

Since our guest will have to be at the ship by 10:30 a.m., we decided to go with a "tropical theme and attire" as we didn't want everyone to have to put on a suit and fancy dress so early on a Sunday morning. Sundresses, sunhats, hawaiian shirts for the men with Bermuda shorts or khakis. The only thing that we asked was "no sneakers please".

It all depends on the type of atmosphere you are trying to create for your wedding. There are so many ways you can go. Sit down, close your eyes, and think about what will make you and your groom the most happy, the most comfortable and the "least" stressed out!!!!!

My daughter was just married on Mariner of the Seas, in port at Port Canaveral on June 1. She and I will be putting a review together - the net is that everything went really well.

As far as attire - my daughter had the groom, best man, FOB & FOG in tuxes. bride's dress was very formal with a long train. MOH & both mothers were dressed very traditionally. So, how to handle attire?

We sent out a flyer about a month in advance with wedding info, and included a page with details for the Rehearsal Dinner & the Wedding itself.

People did follow the guidelines. As far as it being hot, it was, but were we able to get inside the port building quickly, so no one got overly hot although they were dressed up.

Here, I'll just cut & paste from what she sent out:

Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding

Details and Attire

Rehearsal dinner: casual

Suggested attire for men is shorts & sport shirts.

Suggested attire for women is a sundress or capris / nice shorts & a top.

Sandals are just fine.

Remember it will be warm & humid.

SHUTTLE departs Country Inn Hotel @ 3:30 pm. Everyone is invited!

The Wedding: dressy

If you are in the wedding party, you already know what you’ll be wearing.

For everyone else, please dress nicely and maybe a little fancy

for men that means a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie.

for women a dress or nice pants outfit.

*** and if you are cruising, please plan to wear your wedding attire to dinner that night, so we can get some pictures at dinner, too!

My daughter was just married on Mariner of the Seas, in port at Port Canaveral on June 1. She and I will be putting a review together - the net is that everything went really well.

As far as attire - my daughter had the groom, best man, FOB & FOG in tuxes. bride's dress was very formal with a long train. MOH & both mothers were dressed very traditionally. So, how to handle attire?

We sent out a flyer about a month in advance with wedding info, and included a page with details for the Rehearsal Dinner & the Wedding itself.

People did follow the guidelines. As far as it being hot, it was, but were we able to get inside the port building quickly, so no one got overly hot although they were dressed up.

Here, I'll just cut & paste from what she sent out:

Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding

Details and Attire

Rehearsal dinner: casual

Suggested attire for men is shorts & sport shirts.

Suggested attire for women is a sundress or capris / nice shorts & a top.

Sandals are just fine.

Remember it will be warm & humid.

SHUTTLE departs Country Inn Hotel @ 3:30 pm. Everyone is invited!

The Wedding: dressy

If you are in the wedding party, you already know what you’ll be wearing.

For everyone else, please dress nicely and maybe a little fancy

for men that means a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie.

for women a dress or nice pants outfit.

*** and if you are cruising, please plan to wear your wedding attire to dinner that night, so we can get some pictures at dinner, too!

Thank you! I like what you did. It is simple and to the point! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

How to Get Perfect Wedding Dress Cleaning From Professionals

Your wedding; that wonderful sweeping romantic event that starts your life down the path of discovery of your eternal love with your new husband.

And let's face it; you, as the bride, were the spectacular centre of attention and beauty at that event. Indeed, weddings are designed to accentuate the bride and yours did exactly that, didn't it?

Why Clean And Preserve Your Wedding Dress?

Of course, a huge part of accentuating your beauty was your high street wedding dresses. This is now one of the most important gowns in your life; loaded with memories, memories of the search for it, the trying of many until you found the perfect one you fell in love with, the memories of the delightful day of the wedding and the fun had by all at the reception after it.

And now you want to preserve those memories forever.

Why do it now?

So now that happy day is over and relegated to your storehouse of wonderful memories.

After the excitement and stress of the wedding and all things leading up to it, most brides just want to kick back and relax a bit. They are in honeymoon mode!

Although the best intentions are to deal with the cleaning of them very soon, over half of all wedding gowns suffer the same fate at this time. They are simply folded and stuffed back into the box from whence they came. Only this time, it is not the brilliantly clean and crisp garment it was when it came out. Stains both visible and invisible remain lurking on the fabric to do their damaging work. About 4 to 5 months later, the bride or mother of the bride finally may decide to do something about it.

However, damage can already be present from these stains after only a few months. Yellowing and browning can occur within just a couple months. Stains can also migrate to other places on the garment. After the wedding, immediate attention to the garment is of utmost importance.

With all the details preparing for the wedding and reception, it would be a shame to cut this level of attention to details short in relation to your beautiful wedding dress.

You wouldn't want to inspect your dress months or years down the road only to find it is too late to do anything about its deterioration.

The Grit And Stains Assaulting Your Dress

With all the beauty and grace at your wedding, there was grit and dirt there too as well, wasn't there? How could there not be? It is almost a certainty that your matrimonial dress was assaulted and violated by some foreign grime.

In and out of the car (or limousine), the floor length hemline of your gown may be caught in the door, picking up grease! If it is left sticking out of the door during the trip, then heaven knows what you picked up in terms of road dirt. Simply walking across lawns and parking lots, dirt and grass stains may be ground into your hemline as well. And this can happen just during the wedding photographs!

Then, of course, there is the reception.

Eating, drinking, dancing, talking and bumping into people, sober and otherwise. Of course, this is the occasion of yours and your husband's nuptials where you are the centre of the celebration and everyone wants to have a piece of your attention! Your friends and loved ones close to you wanting to touch, grab, pull and tug you and your gown. And who knows what your beautiful bridal attire picked up in the washroom? It is inevitable; some undesirable stain is going to be slopped, ground or otherwise transferred onto your bridal gown.

There will be the visible grime of course; grease, road filth, grass stains, dinner and dessert blotches, colourful drink splashes, and maybe even some mysterious makeup intrusion.

Then there is the invisible and insidious soiling; champagne, sugars and colourless alcohol. Even your own body can betray you with perspiration which can introduce acids, body oils, salts, ammonia, enzymes and bacteria to the fabric of your gorgeous gown. These stains are all unseen until they yellow after a time.

What's more is all of these stains can be transferred to other parts of your garment if left alone. It is absolutely best to address the cleaning and preservation of your mother of the groom dresses.

Other Dress Damage

1507926-1_380x538.jpg

Of course physical damage can occur as well such as stepping on the garment hemline, by both you and others. Dancing, bending and tugging will stretch and stress the seams in your waist, bustle, sleeves and neckline. Your delicate endowments such as lace, embroidery and beading on your matrimonial prom dress shops, sequins, belts, sashes and jackets can easily be damaged by the events of the day.