Renting scooter for Mall Shopping before cruise?

mosiegirl

We are cruising in Sept and I have already lined up my scooter rental for the cruise.. but the day before the cruise we want to go shopping.. I'm in a bariatric manual wheelchair when not in a scooter.. and its very hard for hubby to push for extended periods of time.. I am going to the Sawgrass Mill mall the day before, and was wondering if anyone has heard of renting a scooter for one day to shop?

We are cruising in Sept and I have already lined up my scooter rental for the cruise.. but the day before the cruise we want to go shopping.. I'm in a bariatric manual wheelchair when not in a scooter.. and its very hard for hubby to push for extended periods of time.. I am going to the Sawgrass Mill mall the day before, and was wondering if anyone has heard of renting a scooter for one day to shop?

If your bariatric manual wheelchair folds for transport than suggest you contact the cruise rental vendor and ask if they could deliver the scooter to the hotel instead. I do this regularly and than transport the scooter myself via an prearranged accessible taxi and than just leave on ship for pickup. Because I arrange transport of the scooter to the ship I've never been charged for the extra day.

If you prefer renting for just one day it will be cheaper to rent locally through a Medical Supply store,

Also suggest you call the Mall an inquire if the offer mobility scooter rentals. Many malls I've been to lately provide that service but you have to get to the mall early.

I looked on the Sawgrass Mills website and it says:

"Complimentary wheelchairs (non-electric) are available on a first come first serve basis at our Simon Guest Services booth in Avenue 3 near Burlington Coat Factory. " So it looks like you will be no better off than you currently are with your own wheelchair.

I would try what has already been suggested and see if you can get your existing rental a day early. If that doesn't work I would then look into a local medical supply company to see if they can rent you one for the day.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk