Will we like the Eurodam

summer slope

We have only sailed on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam..many times each. I'm looking at a cruise on the Eurodam and wonder if we will feel comfortable on her. Is the layout similiar and the venue's about the same?

The layout will be familiar, but you'll have a couple more music venues. We liked the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam better than the Vista class ships, although we like the Vistas very much.

dr'spin liked the Nieuw Amsterdam very much. In various aborted attempts to sail on a Vista ship, I've noticed that the deckplans are almost the same as far as the stateroom arrangements. More and shinier public spaces. I agree with the others you're probably going to love the Eurodam!

We have only sailed on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam..many times each. I'm looking at a cruise on the Eurodam and wonder if we will feel comfortable on her. Is the layout similiar and the venue's about the same?

We were on her in January after several cruises, like you, on Vista Class ships. They're the same length. The added tonnage is up on Deck 10 where they added more cabins and the Tamarind restaurant, which is a super addition. We felt at home immediately and had a great trip.

Sailed Eurodam a year ago and had a great cruise (Adriatic). The ship is one of the few featuring a BB King's Blues Band and IMO they were sensational, although some on here find them too loud.

The Tamarind restaurant was very good and the adjacent Tamarind bar an excellent vantage point when sailing in to/out of Venice. Pinnacle also very good.

We're not dedicated HAL flag wavers (only sailed with them 4 times - so far), but I can't remember anything specific which I didn't like about the ship. Would definitely choose her again if the itinerary was right for us.

When we lived in Florida where the Chinese food isn't very good, we would sail on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam just to go to Tamarind. On one short (seven day cruise) we ate At Tamarind six nights! Love both those ships. The only thing that was better on the Eurodam, in my opinion, is the layout of the Ocean Bar. The bar is further from the orchestra area. Alas since Trivia has replaced music, ugh!, the difference is less noticeable now.