Hanging cork backed delft tiles

mhurdle127

This question may have been answered, but I am not finding it through the search feature. We have a bunch of the cork-backed delft tiles we received on HAL cruises that we want to hang on a wall (drywall). The question (and it sounds simple) is how? Everything I see about hanging cork to the wall has to do with cork itself, not a heavy tile affixed to it. Suggestions anyone???

What do you mean about "hanging" the tiles - do you mean affixing them to the walls?

Any sort of adhesive would do the trick, and if you want to take them off later, try some of the removable adhesive products. Might be better to affix the tiles to a thin backing and the attach the backing to the wall if you want to mount a lot of them and remove them later.

GlueDots is one removable option: http://catalog.gluedots.com/viewitems/consumer-products/diy-hardware?plpver=1002

Doesn't seem like double-sticked tape would be strong enough to hold up a heavy tile.
None of my 32 have ever fallen off.
... not adhesive that will rip the paint off.
I'll deal with that IF I ever take mine down!
And I was thinking of some way to add a little hook on the back of the tile so that the only impact to the wall is a nail hole, not adhesive that will rip the paint off.]
How about putting them in a frame and using just one nail to hang the whole thing. Edited by jtl513

And I was thinking of some way to add a little hook on the back of the tile so that the only impact to the wall is a nail hole, not adhesive that will rip the paint off.

Velcro! Will have less impact on the wall than a nail I've used velcro as an excellent way to attach a GPS to the dashboard.

Dan

And I was thinking of some way to add a little hook on the back of the tile so that the only impact to the wall is a nail hole, not adhesive that will rip the paint off.

Glue Dots are removable adhesives. Good for use in the cabin during the cruise as well. We like to hang up a map in the cabin so we always bring some sort of removable adhesives.

• 4 months later...
I purchased several of these tiles at an antique store a few months ago. Were they given as gifts to passengers with a high number of sea days?
They are given to all Mariners - people on their 2nd HAL cruise or later. Also, some people are Mariners on their first HAL cruise because they sailed previously with one of the other Carnival-family lines: Princess, Costa, Carnival, Seabourn, Cunard, AIDA, P&O, or Fathom. You should have gotten them on both your Maasdam cruises. When we started sailing HAL they were placed on the bed on the last night of the cruise, but for the last 6 or 7 years or so you had to go to the Mariner Brunch to pick them up. Or ask for them at the front desk. Edited by catl331

They are given to all Mariners - people on their 2nd HAL cruise or later. Also, some people are Mariners on their first HAL cruise because they sailed previously with one of the other Carnival-family lines: Princess, Costa, Carnival, Seabourn, Cunard, AIDA, P&O, or Fathom. You should have gotten them on both your Maasdam cruises. When we started sailing HAL they were placed on the bed on the last night of the cruise, but for the last 6 or 7 years or so you had to go to the Mariner Brunch to pick them up. Or ask for them at the front desk.

Thanks for the answer! I didn't receive them on either HAL cruise but I also didn't attend the Mariner Brunch.

Thanks for the answer! I didn't receive them on either HAL cruise but I also didn't attend the Mariner Brunch.

If you contact the Mariner's Society with your sailing dates, I suspect they will send you some tiles. Might not be the ones from your cruise, but you should get tiles.