Tough couple months...but I'm Dancin'!!!!

skidawg79

Single Digits! Next Saturday I'll be setting sail on the Splendor for a much needed 8 night cruise! Been a rough couple of months and this is coming at the perfect time.

2 days after I closed on a house in April (that's a good thing!) my dad was diagnosed with "an advanced stage of B-Cell Mantle Lymphoma". He lives across the country so been using all my points to get back to see him. I'm In sales, so all this traveling has put making quotas difficult (although I've done it). So the stress of all these extra bills (first time homeowner), and my dads health has definitely added up. Hes struggling with the side effects of the chemo, but did get some good news yesterday as the chemo is shrinking the tumors. Doc said he should be with us for a little while yet, so I can go in my trip worry free. Wish I could bring him with but his health wont allow that to happen.

Sorry, This is probably the longest "single digit dance" post ever. I'm just ready to get on that ship and escape for a few days...

God bless you father and family. Our family's prayers are with you all.

I'm happy to hear that you'll get to take this cruise with an easy heart. If nothing else, this scare with your father should remind you how fleeting life really is and you should enjoy these experiences.

God bless you father and family. Our family's prayers are with you all.

I'm happy to hear that you'll get to take this cruise with an easy heart. If nothing else, this scare with your father should remind you how fleeting life really is and you should enjoy these experiences.

Thank you for your kind words and you are 100% right. Cherish the fact I have the opportunity to travel and take vacations on occasion. I Told him when he is able to travel again I'm flying him out to Colorado (he lives in PA) for a little vacation and quality time. :-). With that said. I Can't wait to relax for 9 days!

Skidawg79,

I am so happy that you're down to single digits and congratulations on you new home (gosh, I remember that). I remember reading a few of your reviews and have always enjoyed them. And then that Pittsburgh thing...I remember commenting on each other's reviews about Pittsburgh but know you are in Colorado now and enjoying it. I just want to let you know that I'm very sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis and I know that any diagnosis like that for a loved one is tough to take. I'm glad to hear the chemo is working but I'll be sure to keep your dad, and all of your family, in my thoughts and prayers. You definitely deserve this cruise and I hope you have a wonderful time (and great weather) while on your cruise.

Skidawg79,

I am so happy that you're down to single digits and congratulations on you new home (gosh, I remember that). I remember reading a few of your reviews and have always enjoyed them. And then that Pittsburgh thing...I remember commenting on each other's reviews about Pittsburgh but know you are in Colorado now and enjoying it. I just want to let you know that I'm very sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis and I know that any diagnosis like that for a loved one is tough to take. I'm glad to hear the chemo is working but I'll be sure to keep your dad, and all of your family, in my thoughts and prayers. You definitely deserve this cruise and I hope you have a wonderful time (and great weather) while on your cruise.

I remember the reviews and our comments back and forth as well. Thank you very much for your kind words, if i get a few minutes (more like days lol) after the cruise, ill come back and do a review again.