Ryndam 8/8/10- kids dress

Rapunsel

Help! Going on a 1 week crusie with my mom and 2 kids. I have been on 3 prior ones and don't really rememeber the dress code for kids. Mine are dd 5 and ds8. The ds will wear kakais and a polo. The dd will dress to the hilt. Is this acceptable for the formal nights????

Also.. I don't do 'dressy' Clean jeans and a polo and I'm fine.. A dress???? don't think I own one!

Any helpon the kids dress would be great. Also is anyone else on this trip! I'd love to find a freind before we get there!

Tahnks!

Your kids will be fine but I don't think "clean jeans and a polo" will do it for formal nights. How about nice slacks and a flashy top? :rolleyes: I don't wear dresses or skirts either and just took dress pants a really nice fancy tops for formal night.

The khakis and polo for your son is just perfect for smart casual nights. For formal nights you can switch the polo to a dress shirt, jacket and tie. No time like the present to teach him the various degrees of dress. If he doesn't have a jacket, and you can't borrow one, or find one in a second-hand shop, he could wear a vest, or a sweater vest.

He can change after dinner if he's going to Club HAL.

"I don't do 'dressy' Clean jeans and a polo and I'm fine"

Except on HAL on formal nights where you MAY be turned away from the Main Dining Room for not following the dress code. If so, Maitre D' will suggest the Lido, where casual is fine. Pretty much the same menu as the MDR.

The khakis and polo for your son is just perfect for smart casual nights. For formal nights you can switch the polo to a dress shirt, jacket and tie. No time like the present to teach him the various degrees of dress. If he doesn't have a jacket, and you can't borrow one, or find one in a second-hand shop, he could wear a vest, or a sweater vest.

He can change after dinner if he's going to Club HAL.

This is too funny.. We don't even own a tie for him... Last time was when he got a little suit when he was a baby... I'll keep my eyes out in the Clothing exchange at church. I'm not getting one for one night.. He will wear his cub scout uniform any where though.. Me too! But I don't think that will work. Class A's work in the military right???? Why not for a formal dinner....

This is too funny.. We don't even own a tie for him... Last time was when he got a little suit when he was a baby... I'll keep my eyes out in the Clothing exchange at church. I'm not getting one for one night.. He will wear his cub scout uniform any where though.. Me too! But I don't think that will work. Class A's work in the military right???? Why not for a formal dinner....

Don't stress over it - Khaki's and a polo will most definitely get an eight-year old inside the Main Dining Room on formal night! Unless, of course, he wants to wear a jacket, shirt & tie. Enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff!

Edited by Copper10-8

This is too funny.. We don't even own a tie for him... Last time was when he got a little suit when he was a baby...

:confused: Can't imagine what's funny about teaching a child the ways of the world. To each his own.

Edited by RuthC

• 7 years later...