Are they still offering weekly discounts on the wifi plan once on board?

cruisinqt

For those that have cruised recently on the ships that have the Hub app and the new wifi plans, I have a question. On our last cruise we purchased the wifi "value plan" once on board because they offered a discounted weekly rate that was much better than the daily rate. And there were no discounts available online for the wifi plans. But now they are offering a 15% discount on the daily rate online before we board. It even says 15% off versus regular prices once on board. I would prefer the discounted weekly rate they offer once on board, it is still cheaper. But do they still offer it? Has anyone cruised recently and still saw the weekly discounted rates offered? I'm hoping that this new daily discount of 15% doesn't replace the discounted weekly rate. We need to make a decision soon because my daughter has some online college classes she needs to check on while we're cruising and we leave in two weeks.

Just off a 4 day Fantasy. We waited to see if there was a discount on board. Answer is no. Best price would have been pre cruise. Hope that helps.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I'm afraid they're doing a pre-cruise discount and stopping the weekly discount they used to offer once on board. Bummer. :(

Have an unsolicited suggestion for her..... my son also has an online class and has a test scheduled while we are cruising. He emailed professor who opened up his last test for the day before we leave so he won't have to worry about it. Maybe she could get her work rearranged so she can enjoy herself.... maybe the professor will say no but we learned it is worth it to ask!

Just off a 4 day Fantasy. We waited to see if there was a discount on board. Answer is no. Best price would have been pre cruise. Hope that helps.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Hey Alabaster Cruiser - thanks for the tip. We want to do that cruise out of Mobile - so convenient to drive to. Our next one is out of Port Canaveral. We usually do out of New Orleans. We live in Alabaster too!!! Donna and George Becker

I agree with the above poster and I would ask professor if they would open up what has to be done ... Now if your talking about discussion boards well that just stinks ... Just make sure you check with the school that you won't get in trouble logging in from somewhere crazy that might look at it and think its cheating

Have an unsolicited suggestion for her..... my son also has an online class and has a test scheduled while we are cruising. He emailed professor who opened up his last test for the day before we leave so he won't have to worry about it. Maybe she could get her work rearranged so she can enjoy herself.... maybe the professor will say no but we learned it is worth it to ask!

Thanks for the suggestion. We will definitely try it. She's trying to get into a medical program this fall and has to get one more prerequisite in to qualify. She would much prefer to get it all done precruise.

Hello. Sailed conquest July 10th. For basic WiFi the discount was pre cruise. $5 off for the five day plan..... no discount on board, unlike last year

Thanks for verifying that for me. I guess the precruise discount is the only discount you get.