When are embarkation appointments usually available for Port Everglades?

rjschaack16

In past threads about it, the most common assumption made is that the date that embarkation appointments are made available is arbitrary, at least to some extent. For my upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral it was a seemingly random 165 days. My suspicion is that it is certain employees' responsibilities that they get to when they have some spare time in and among their other responsibilities.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

There does not appear to be a set pattern when check in times are posted. We book our cruises about a year out snd the times were always available. Our upcoming cruise this September was booked a year and a half ago and check in times were available at that time. Just keep checking for them.

Booked on Conquest Jan. 20th 2018. When doing my on line check in it does not give me a option for slecting a embarkation appointment. Is it to early or when do they usually come available for this port?

There is no pat answer. It depends on your VIFP status. Hope you get what you want.

Carnival's FAQ's say:

Q
: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?

A
: Arrival Appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation,
for sailings within six months of departure
and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

So I wouldn't say it's arbitrary. Carnival does have a general policy in place, it just doesn't seem to be strictly followed. When it's all said and done, the 6 month mark seems to be somewhat of a rough estimate. Many have said it appears a varying amount of time before and after that point. I don't think it has anything to do with VIFP status.

So I wouldn't say it's arbitrary. Carnival does have a general policy in place, it just doesn't seem to be strictly followed.
Perhaps, but I would be hard-pressed to characterize the difference between that and arbitrary. I really wish we could discern some pattern for such things, because it really matters for some things, but even if it really isn't arbitrary I think the chances of gathering the data necessary to discern a pattern is pretty low.

Perhaps, but I would be hard-pressed to characterize the difference between that and arbitrary. I really wish we could discern some pattern for such things, because it really matters for some things, but even if it really isn't arbitrary I think the chances of gathering the data necessary to discern a pattern is pretty low.
Well, in their defense, they do say "within" 6 months of departure. So even they don't want to be specific about it. Granted, some have said they were able to choose a time before the 6 month mark, but I'm guessing they're the exception to the rule...if we can call it a rule. I'm guessing there's a reason for the varying differences in time as to when it appers, but what that reason is, I sure don't know.

Since when does Carnival mandate your arrival time??????
They slowly began rolling out "staggered check-ins" across their ports in 2015 or maybe early 2016. I think it reached every port by the end of last year. It's designed to spread out people arriving at the terminal to help make the check-in process run smoother by eliminating huge crowds arriving at the same time.

We have not sailed Carnival since Sept 2015 on the Dream. We are Platinum (15 cruises ) not sure if they send out Emails too all cruiser's or not. Guess we will find out Sept 23 when we sail Splendor. Thanks for the info.

Platinum guests can arrive whenever they choose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked Carnival yesterday. My Christmas cruise at Port Canaveral is about 150 days out, and no check in times listed yet. On my last two cruises, they were available right after I booked them. The response I received was to keep checking, that it should appear at about 90 days.

I asked Carnival yesterday. My Christmas cruise at Port Canaveral is about 150 days out, and no check in times listed yet. On my last two cruises, they were available right after I booked them. The response I received was to keep checking, that it should appear at about 90 days.
Out of all the experiences I've read about picking check-in times, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that it never showed up for them, so at least you have that going for you. It should appear at some point. Has anyone created a Roll Call for your cruise? If so, ask on there to see if everyone else is experiencing the same thing. If there isn't one, I suggest creating it and ask about it.

Carnival's FAQ's say it'll appear "within 6 months of departure." If they told you it should appear around the 2 month mark, I guess technically that is "within" 6 months. ;p If you called and asked again, you'd probably get a different time frame.

Yes, there is a Roll Call, but as with many 4 day cruises, there isn't much participation. The cruise leaves on Christmas Eve. I have mentioned that the check in time isn't there yet, but no one has commented.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app