Restaurants near Grand Central Station

To give you a starting point open table is great for a list of restaurants when searching by landmark.

https://www.opentable.com/landmark/restaurants-near-grand-central-station?page=1

Ā 

I've never eaten in the area except to get Cheese cake from Juniors on the lower level of Grand Central Terminal (Station is the post office ;).

Juniors location in Grand Central station closed last year. Times Square location still open.

Ā 

There are now 2 Times square locations and since Carnegie deli closed it is best Jewish deli in the area , love there pastrami

How far are you willing to consider "near"?

Ā 

2nd Avenue is a great neighborhood restaurant corridor. One of my current favorites is Amma, a small, but very good, Indian restaurant on 51st between 3rd and 2nd. Mid-priced is always kind of hard to define in Manhattan; it's neither cheap nor expensive. Dos Caminos is a local chain of Mexican restaurants with a location on 3rd Avenue at 50th.

Ā 

Along 2nd in that area you can kind of pick and choose places that look interesting.. Can't find the name tonight, but there at least used to be a very nice Italian place at 50th and 2d. There are a few places on Lexington in the upper 40's to low 50's. The National has a good reputation (never eaten there) and Lexington Brass was good.

Ā 

That's a few blocks from Grand Central, depending on where you're actually staying. My current recommendation would be Amma, which has a website and can be reserved on Open Table.

There are hundreds of restaurants around (and several in, and under) GCT. What are you interested in eating? This is a city where someone says "Oh, maybe Chinese," and the immediate response from people who've lived here for a while is "OK. What province?" (To make matters even more exotic, there are a number of Chinese restaurants in NYC that have both "American-style" food and "real" stuff: intestines, duck feet, etc.) The point is, you can find anything here, but you have to tell us what you're looking for before we can make sensible recommendations.

Edited by Langoustine

I wouldn't consider Amma "near" Grand Central Station.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ā 

And there lies the problem. If I want a quick bite, I'm thinking a block or two. If I'm looking for something specific, that's a 10-15 minute walk if you're on the Lex side

Thanks for your responses. We are staying in The Grand Hyatt on 43rd Street (?) for two nights. I know we could eat there but really want to find out our options nearby. We like Italian, Indian, American, but not Chinese or Thai. Never tried Mexican.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your responses. We are staying in The Grand Hyatt on 43rd Street (?) for two nights. I know we could eat there but really want to find out our options nearby. We like Italian, Indian, American, but not Chinese or Thai. Never tried Mexican.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bryant Park Grill is American and very nice. It's in Bryant Park close to your hotel.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cafe Centro is in the Met Life Building (formerly called the Pan Am building). This building is connected to your hotel via Grand Central Station (you don't have to go outside). I would eat there for a very pleasant dinner if you don't want to walk too far. Please don't eat in your hotel. There are too many good restaurants nearby.

https://www.patinagroup.com/cafe-centro