Email Upgrade

Beauts

Just mentioned in another post that I received an email upgrade for our Aug 20 sailing on the Liberty. Went from inside deck 6 aft to oceanview midship deck 1 for $70.00.

My question is:

For those of you who have received these before, what are the chances we will get another one before sailing to upgrade us to a balcony?

have any of you received more than one upgrade email?

Are my hopes too high?

These email offers with a specific amount are usually to upgrade within your category or inside to OV, never seen one with the amount for a balcony, usually they call to sell you on this more expensive upgrade.

Chances of getting one offer like this .. what about 10% at most (probably a lot less).. chances of getting two upgrade email offers .. Id say less than 1% .. but thats just a guess.

Iv been doing a lot of cruising and have not even gotten one email upsell offer... let alone 2 on the same cruise.

That's kind of what I figured. I should be happy with what I've been given..but it's just the nature of the beast, I guess...get more, want more!

I am so excited to get on that ship!!!!!!!!

Edited by Beauts

In 4 cruises (and currently awaiting October for my 5th) I've been called once for an upsell that I turned down. Never an offer via email. Then again, since I never get an eComment Card after cruises, I'm assuming they have chosen to lose my email address.:rolleyes:

In 4 cruises (and currently awaiting October for my 5th) I've been called once for an upsell that I turned down. Never an offer via email. Then again, since I never get an eComment Card after cruises, I'm assuming they have chosen to lose my email address.:rolleyes:

They can manage to find my e-mail a couple of times a week to send pitches for cruises, but they seem to loose it after each cruise so I don't get the comment card either. Not one in the last 5 cruises now. Do they really care what their customers care, I am not convinced that they do.

• 6 years later...

Whenever they've called me to upgrade (about 3 times over 20ish cruises), they'll offer me something and I'll ask if something better is available. Doesn't hurt to ask...but one time I was offered and ocean view (from interior) and asked for something better and got a balcony for maybe $50 or more than what I would have had to pay for OV upgrade. Win!

Also, another time I was able to not only upgrade my room to a balcony, but also my parents' room.

Personally, I'm a balcony or bust person. The difference between interior and OV, to me, is not worth it, unless free. And even then I may not take it.