Need advice on booking a balcony on the breeze

keijenxs

Hi,It's my first time booking a balcony cabin and I'm lost. Are the better balconies aft of the ship and which deck is better for privacy 7 or 8? We normally book ocean view cabins, so all of this is new to me.

Deck 8 way aft or way forward I would say. Aft facing cabins on the back of the ship are ofc more private but on the sides of the ship most cabins look down onto where deck 5 widens out. What I mean is that on deck 5 you can walk all the way around the ship and it isn't covered, and so you look down onto deck 5 and also people can look up at the balconies. The higher up you are above that the better. We had a balcony on deck 8 forward, like maybe just 10 or 12 from the very front and we felt a lot more private than we would have mid ship. About 2/3 of the way back on deck 5 there are also tables (covered by big umbrellas) on both sides of the ship, and on sea days they have a grill out or pig & anchor, starboard side just aft of the patio area, it can get a little noisy at those times. On the port side on deck 5 smoking is allowed in the patio area and I know that some people on deck 6 and 7 above that area have said that the smoke may carry up from there, but I don't know. I don't have a deck plan handy but if you want I can find a range of room numbers to avoid for any of those reasons. Or someone else may post that info as well. We absolutely loved the Breeze including deck 5 as well as our balcony room, don't want it to sound like we didn't :)

We have been on the Breeze and the Magic and get balcony cabins on the port side aft just aft of the last elevator banks. Several reasons. There is a deck of cabins between us and the Promenade deck (Deck 5) and 2 cabin decks between us and the Lido Deck (Deck 10). Good noise insulation. And you should not worry about people on Deck 5 seeing you unless you stand up next to the railing when you are out there nude. Do not recommend trying a double inverted press moon out there. The security cameras will catch it and have it on YouTube in no time.

It is also easy to walk down the stairs from there to the aft MDR. That bank of elevators is the one most people have to use to get to the MDR and they are a zoo. Walking down is easier. And you can walk up 1 or 2 decks after dinner to get to the Promenade and not have to deal with those elevators. Carnival should have put at least 2 more elevators in that bank when they designed the Dream and Vista class ships since you cannot walk back to the MDR very easily.

I would book 7 and higher, avoiding deck 6 for reasons explained above.

If you want aft extended, only those on deck 9 offer any shade.

I would probably avoid most of the cabins between mid-ship and aft elevators.

However any balcony on the Breeze is going to be wonderful. That ship is my absolute favorite and I think you can't go wrong.

Enjoy!

We were on the Breeze in February 2016. We did a B2B and were in cabin 7381

This was just above the BBQ place (I think it was a different name before what it is now)

Anyway, the cabin was good, someone in a post above mentioned that it could be noisy due to the fact that is it above this BBQ place, however the place is only open for a couple of hours (11 - 2) and only on sea days.

We thought the cabin was quiet, as there are cabins above and below

The Breeze is a great ship, can't wait to cruise on her again!!

Happy Cruising!!!!

I totally agree 1midsun, the bbq on deck 5 is only on sea days and only for a couple of hours. In fact I remember that our cruise on the Breeze was extremely peaceful and probably our favorite cruise ever. And it was 8 days and so we had an 'extra' day to absorb and appreciate everything about the ship :)

Apologies if this was mentioned already but Cove balconies are great on the Breeze as well...Deck 2 so you are near the water, and due to being underneath the life boats, are the most private balconies on the ship.

I love listening to the water every morning with a cup of coffee.

Apologies if this was mentioned already but Cove balconies are great on the Breeze as well...Deck 2 so you are near the water, and due to being underneath the life boats, are the most private balconies on the ship.

I love listening to the water every morning with a cup of coffee.

I am trying a cove for the first time next month. Pretty excited.

We sailed on the Breeze on the 8th deck....I would not go much lower than that if you want any kind of privacy on the balcony due to the Promenade extending out beyond the balconies.....you can see onto the balconies of deck 7 and below fairly easily. One other thing to consider when booking the balcony, there are cantilevered hot tubs on Deck 5 (2 on each side).....they are lit up at night and can be noisy, as they were on our cruise....so I would look at deck plans and not book a balcony right across or near them! We loved our cabin on the Breeze...and loved the ship too!!! Good Luck :)