Menu's?

PFV

Hello everyone,

My partner and I are sailing on the Rotterdam on Jan. 7th, along with two other friends. This is my 38th cruise and my partners 41st. This will be our first on HAL and really looking forward to it and experience a HAL cruise for ourselves. I was wondering if anyone out there has a picture(s) of a dinner menu from the main dining room that could be posted? I am very curious to see some of the offerings. Would you recommend going to the Pinnacle Grill and the Italian extra fare restaurant? Also, any pointers or tips you could provide would be most appreciated. I Thank you in advance.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Paul -

I'm on my phone and can't see your itinerary. However, if it's Caribbean, I have a bunch of menus.

I would ask the same. We're old Celebrity cruisers, but are looking forward to a smaller ship.Just doing 7 days , on 11/26/17, to try it out.

We're much older than when we first started cruising, now in our 80's.

Is this too old? But would love to see a MDR menu. How do we find out about a Meet and Greet? Thanks so much for this blog, FRAN

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello everyone,

My partner and I are sailing on the Rotterdam on Jan. 7th, along with two other friends. This is my 38th cruise and my partners 41st. This will be our first on HAL and really looking forward to it and experience a HAL cruise for ourselves. I was wondering if anyone out there has a picture(s) of a dinner menu from the main dining room that could be posted? I am very curious to see some of the offerings. Would you recommend going to the Pinnacle Grill and the Italian extra fare restaurant? Also, any pointers or tips you could provide would be most appreciated. I Thank you in advance.

Paul

HAL menus are the same for all cruises of the same length and season. That means that all 7-day cruise menus for the Caribbean are the same but minor tweaks are possible if a provision is not received. The Caribbean season starts in October so your MDR and Lido Market menus will not be available until then.

Here is a sample of the menus from last year in the Caribbean:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-caribbean-menus-2015/

Here are the current menus for Room Service, bars, and Specialty Restaurants:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/:

Enjoy your cruise planning.

HAL menus are the same for all cruises of the same length and season. That means that all 7-day cruise menus for the Caribbean are the same but minor tweaks are possible if a provision is not received. The Caribbean season starts in October so your MDR and Lido Market menus will not be available until then.

Here is a sample of the menus from last year in the Caribbean:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-caribbean-menus-2015/

Here are the current menus for Room Service, bars, and Specialty Restaurants:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/:

Enjoy your cruise planning.

Was wondering if you may know where I may find menus for the Canada New England Discovery cruise? Was wondering if Lobster would be served in the Lido or if we need to go to main Dining for that . I haven't had any luck at finding them .

Was wondering if you may know where I may find menus for the Canada New England Discovery cruise? Was wondering if Lobster would be served in the Lido or if we need to go to main Dining for that . I haven't had any luck at finding them .

The only way to see those menus would be if someone on that itinerary posts them somewhere. HAL usually serves lobster tail on the second Gala Night. Although I have never seen it in the Lido Market, others have reported it being available on that same night.

It must be noted that you may order lobster tail through Room Service whenever it is available in the Main Dining Room (order during dinner hours). You can also order lobster tail from the Pinnacle Grill through Room Service on any evening for $20.

Hello everyone,

Paul

HAL itineraries may be great, but the food and entertainment are not. The quality is decreasing every year.

This cruise line is not was it has been.

Here is a link to menus from the CNE cruise in Oct 2016

http://www.theinsidecabin.com/?page_id=5140

Thank you everyone for the menu links! This gives us an idea of what to expect. Cruising has changed over the years and I have lowered my expectations regarding food, but I'm not a big "Foodie" so it should be fine? I am just so looking forward to experiencing HAL for the first time. We haven't been on a cruise for two years now, with moving to Florida and doing home improvements, I'm now in cruise withdrawal!!!!! Thanks again. Paul

@RogerJett

Thanks so much for the Pinnacle Grill menu! I have never looked at it before because never thought I was interested in the upcharge -- but it looks like we may be able to add Explore 4 to next year's cruise and take the family to PG!

Anyone (not only Roger) -- what is the 'deal' at PG -- one (or more?) starters, one only chosen from Land OR Sea, more or less one side per person to be shared, and one dessert apiece? Am I close?

Darn, I should be paying attention even when I think a topic doesn't apply to me!

...-- what is the 'deal' at PG -- one (or more?) starters, one only chosen from Land OR Sea, more or less one side per person to be shared, and one dessert apiece? Am I close?

You order one entrée per person (unless you want another, in which case there is an additional charge).

You may order as many starters, sides, and desserts as you wish. You may order the sides as individual or shared (larger portion). Believe me, one entrée, starter, two sides (including potato), and dessert is plenty of food!

Oh, and the breads are delicious. An amuse bouche is also served to start off the whole dinner.

Thanks Ruth! I'm sure I've read that description a dozen times, without remembering for sure the details. I had it pretty close! Our limited appetites would be one reason I didn't think we'd "do" the PG -- that and a plethora of steakhouses in our immediate area! But if we can indeed get the Explore4 for a reasonable upcharge, we'll be giving it a try.