Drop off at Baltimore

kesrya

I'm having major anxiety around embarkation because our two year old and six year old will be with us for our first cruise. It seems the questions on here are all about parking at Baltimore or taking a taxi. We live just outside the city and plan to have friends drop us off. I've even dropped friends off before but didn't pay attention because that was years ago before kids.

Will it be obvious to our friend dropping us off where to pull up? How far of a walk will it be with the kids and our luggage from the drop off? Our scheduled boarding time is 12:30 - 1pm but we are priority boarding because we have a suite, so we can arrive whenever we want apparently. How early can we arrive given that?

My two year old is very active, so I am nervous about having to wait in long lines or having to sit outside on a bench. He tries to run out into traffic (my six year old is chill, the polar opposite). So my goal is to get to the port and get on board as early and quickly as possible so we can start relaxing and have something fun to occupy the kiddo with. We are doing the 7 day Eastern Caribbean that leaves port at 5pm if that matters.

Relax! We've been dropped off at Baltimore many times; it is quick and easy, and no long distances to traverse.

The entrance is well marked. Shortly after you drive in, an attendant will ask if you are park or dropoff. Then, if you need luggage tags, you can pull up at that tent. Finally, pull over to the luggage area, pop the trunk, and your bags will be removed and placed on the hoppers. Thank the luggage guy, make sure you have your purse and small things, walk a short distance to the terminal, show your passes at the door, and you are there. You will be directed to the correct security line, and then to the checkin counter.

Done!

Enjoy your cruise. Don't forget to go up on deck after sailaway, and watch as the ship goes under the Key Bridge. Woo!

Relax! We've been dropped off at Baltimore many times; it is quick and easy, and no long distances to traverse.

The entrance is well marked. Shortly after you drive in, an attendant will ask if you are park or dropoff. Then, if you need luggage tags, you can pull up at that tent. Finally, pull over to the luggage area, pop the trunk, and your bags will be removed and placed on the hoppers. Thank the luggage guy, make sure you have your purse and small things, walk a short distance to the terminal, show your passes at the door, and you are there. You will be directed to the correct security line, and then to the checkin counter.

Done!

Enjoy your cruise. Don't forget to go up on deck after sailaway, and watch as the ship goes under the Key Bridge. Woo!

This is also my experience. Easy drop off.