Just got off cruise 19 and noticing some changes

goingwkids

My family cruises twice a year. We have only sailed with carnival. I am beginning to notice more and more changes some are concerning others not so much. I have no issue with losing the " George Lopez" on the comedy show, I noticed no difference in the comedians. The ESPN bar is now the Skybox, nothing different but the name. Those change to save money buy not paying for the name I get completely. The poor dining room staff are so over worked. The service has suffered but not because they aren't working as hard as possible but because they have too many people to serve. Dinner took forever the last few cruises. I don't expect a fast food experience but I also don't expect a 2 hr one. It used to not be like this and I certainly wish carnival would rethink this and give the staff more help. My other concern is how HOT our rooms are. The temp in one of our rooms this cruise was 81 at night. When we called and asked them to check it they brought a fan. This HOT room and hot dinning room has been our experience the last few cruises. Lastly why is the DJ/Music suck a short time on the Lido each day? 12-3? I do love cruising I just don't want the changes to make carnival not look like carnival anymore. They can't keep cutting corners and have quality service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Carnival will keep doing what they are doing unless they either get enough feedback that things need to change or they can't sell cabins. I have also seen a decline in service in the MDR, but it's been pretty minor. We still get done in about an hour and a half. Haven't had any room temp issues because we almost always have an interior cabin. But as long as they are selling cabins at a price they want, doubt things will change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP has provided valid feedback on their observations. I have noticed similar dedgradations myself.

For the life of me I can't understand why keyboard heros start the flaming. Maybe less time behind a computer screen and more time IRL maybe? Just a thought....

Let's face it. There have been cut backs on Carnival that have produced a reduction in quality.

As a shareholder in CCL I applaud their cost cutting measures. As a customer, well, I am trying their other lines.

Not to say I won't ever cruise Carnival again.. Its just that I want to try something different.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

I agree with the OP. I'm going on cruise #18 next month. I like cruising Carnival, but have noticed some of the same changes as well as others. I don't hate Carnival because of it, I'm not ditching Carnival because of it. Just noticing and hoping that things improve. I also notice things can differ greatly between ships. Depends a lot on hotel director and different management personnel.

My family cruises twice a year. We have only sailed with carnival. I am beginning to notice more and more changes some are concerning others not so much. I have no issue with losing the " George Lopez" on the comedy show, I noticed no difference in the comedians. The ESPN bar is now the Skybox, nothing different but the name. Those change to save money buy not paying for the name I get completely. The poor dining room staff are so over worked. The service has suffered but not because they aren't working as hard as possible but because they have too many people to serve. Dinner took forever the last few cruises. I don't expect a fast food experience but I also don't expect a 2 hr one. It used to not be like this and I certainly wish carnival would rethink this and give the staff more help. My other concern is how HOT our rooms are. The temp in one of our rooms this cruise was 81 at night. When we called and asked them to check it they brought a fan. This HOT room and hot dinning room has been our experience the last few cruises. Lastly why is the DJ/Music suck a short time on the Lido each day? 12-3? I do love cruising I just don't want the changes to make carnival not look like carnival anymore. They can't keep cutting corners and have quality service.

for me, I dont care if it is your first or your 222nd post. I will agree with you some things, others I have no experience with. As for the room temperature, YES 100pc agree with you! The rooms are too hot/warm and are a very uncomfortable sleep as of at least my last two Carnival cruises, maybe even the last three. The dining room thing. I have been fortuneate, but I do tend to only eat one appetizer, one main, and occasionally one dessert, and the last few cruises, did anytime dining, so was in and out of the dining room quite fast, however, I did notice the staff being somewhat overworked and somewhat frustrated. (this only by what I saw going on, on next tables and nearby tables). I know easy to serve one person who orders very little, but difficult on them to serve those who order multiple apps, mains etc, but also this is something that has been done for a long time now. many many people will order more than one appetizer or main etc, but the staff dont seem to be able to cope with that anymore. Just my last two cruise observations from around me. As for the comedy club, my only complaint there, is I have not been able to get into the early show,even after lining up for 20mins or so, so cant comment on content, but IMO, they need to put the comedy into a larger venue on some ships. But OP, I hear you, and agree with you on much. Thanks for your comments.

I think the OP has a valid point. Yes, many of us can agree that the MDR has been painfully slow the past couple years. Also, the cut backs are getting more and more noticeable and it is disappointing to those of us that want to stay loyal to Carnival.

Just because she has never posted before now doesn't invalidate their point. You can see she joined back in 2012 and has probably just been lurking. I am on this site almost daily the past 7 years but I mainly lurk too for fear of the flamers and the just downright mean people that like to hurt others on here. :(

Last month I was on the Legend and the dining room was much warmer than I have ever experienced before. However, since it was a cold weather cruise I enjoyed it and it was nice not to have to bring a sweater to the MDR.

I think the OP has a valid point. Yes, many of us can agree that the MDR has been painfully slow the past couple years. Also, the cut backs are getting more and more noticeable and it is disappointing to those of us that want to stay loyal to Carnival.

Just because she has never posted before now doesn't invalidate their point. You can see she joined back in 2012 and has probably just been lurking. I am on this site almost daily the past 7 years but I mainly lurk too for fear of the flamers and the just downright mean people that like to hurt others on here. :(

Last month I was on the Legend and the dining room was much warmer than I have ever experienced before. However, since it was a cold weather cruise I enjoyed it and it was nice not to have to bring a sweater to the MDR.

Yes this! You said it betther than me. But yes I agree to this, and this is also why I am going to spend my next vacation lollygagging around on the beach for a week or ten days somewhere instead of on a cruise ship.!

They haven't put this last sailing on my profile yet. None of the issues were worthy of using the guarantee.

Thanks so much for the positive responses. We all don't have to agree here. It's ok to have different opinions. Let's just be nice.

Agree About George Lopez.....His Comment last week about Cops still has a lot of us upset!!

Mike

mpdog42

I would not hesitate to have a word with the hotel director concerning slow service in the dining room, or comfort issues with the temperature. Be patient and polite and you should see results. If you get any excuses like "cutbacks" or the crew is "working on it," a short note to the Chairman expressing your sincere disappointment with those aspects of the cruise, and complement those things that especially please you.

Despite perceived cost cutting measures taken by all cruise operators over the last few years, there are still enough crew and provisions to make a comfortable voyage for all passengers.

As cruising becomes global there is more pressure on companies to find and train crew for the ships. As economies improve in Eastern Europe and the Far East there will be upward pressure on crew wages that will be reflected in fares. My own company plans to nearly double its fleet in the next five years, and finding good staff will be a challenge for HR to sign up about 1,000 people per voyage.:cool:

I also think the OP made some valid points. We have 148 sea days with Carnival, and have seen the cabin stewards get more cabins to clean, the dining room staff get more people to serve, cut-backs in perks from Carnival, etc. However, we still enjoy our cruises, and have another booked for January. We don't let little things bother us. We also have noticed cut-backs on NCL......

They haven't put this last sailing on my profile yet. None of the issues were worthy of using the guarantee.

Thanks so much for the positive responses. We all don't have to agree here. It's ok to have different opinions. Let's just be nice.

I am sure will receive negative comments on this, but I really don't care. It is amazing to me the rudeness displayed on the Carnival forums. Past few years have mainly followed HAL forums, as have been cruising HAL for few years now exclusively. Never saw these types of attacks on people expressing their honest views. Seems to be the norm for Carnival though. Has me worried since we are going back to Carnival next Feb after few years away. Hope this rudeness doesn't also carry over to ruin our experience on our cruise. Apparently Carnival cruisers have a tendency to this type of behavior which I have no desire to participate in. Apparently makes them feel important by bashing other people. Low life in my opinion, but apparently they feel it enhances their self esteem(which they have none of or wouldn't be posting these types of attacks on others). I fail to understand this thinking, but seems to be proliferating. Will see if this will be our last Carnival cruise of not.

I haven't read all of the replies but as far as staffing goes I think that it's more that CCL has trouble hiring staff than it is that CCL has cut staff. There's a lot of competition for staff among the cruise lines. This is just one article that addresses the issue. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-8349-6871-5_11