Mini-Van Transport from Central NJ to Cape Liberty

CaroleSP

Hi All,

I'm having a problem trying to arrange transportation for our family cruise in August. We are 6 adults, one teenager and an 8 year old, heading to Bermuda on the Anthem.

I thought a small or mini-van would work for us, but cannot find any help online. Does anyone know a company who can accommodate us for this trip?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Carole

Hi All,

I'm having a problem trying to arrange transportation for our family cruise in August. We are 6 adults, one teenager and an 8 year old, heading to Bermuda on the Anthem.

I thought a small or mini-van would work for us, but cannot find any help online. Does anyone know a company who can accommodate us for this trip?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Carole

Where exactly are you coming from in NJ? Are you doing the 5 day Bermuda cruise? If you took 2 cars, it would only be $100 to park plus some tolls and gas depending on where you are coming from. I think it would be very difficult to find round trip transportation for your group of 8 for what it would cost you to drive.

... 6 adults, one teenager and an 8 year old, heading to Bermuda on the Anthem.

I thought a small or mini-van would work for us ...

Sorry, have you ever rode on the last row of mini-van, whether it's a Toyota, Honda or Kia - it's pretty tight all around, even for a short ride to the local mall or restaurant ... let alone a 90 minutes ride, from your description of Central NJ. How much luggage can 8 of you jam into the back ??

I agreed with 138east/Carol that you best & practical option is to drive & park at CL, very unlikely you can be driven round-trip for less (if not impossible.)

If driving isn't an option for whatever reasons, I strongly suggest booking a full-size van, and those might be available from Carmel and Dial7 - in advance with a price quote - otherwise, check with local car service or taxis in your towns/nearby.

Perhaps, something like a Ford Transit 350 XLT from Hertz (seating mix for 10-12 pax & luggage) ... also used by some of the airport hotels' shuttle fleet around our area.

A-1 Limousine, https://a1limo.com/ , which is based in Central NJ, advertises that it has full size vans that can hold 10 or 14 passengers . In the 10 passenger configuration there is substantial space in the back of the van for luggage. (In the 14 passenger configuration there is an additional seating row and little room for luggage.)

Concorde Worldwide, my preferred limo company in Central NJ, advertises more modern Ford Transit 10 or 14 passenger vans in their fleet. Again, the 10 passenger configuration should have a good amount of room for luggage. http://concordeworldwide.com/fleet/executive-vans/

An earlier post mentions Dial 7 or Carmel Limo, but I do not not recommend these companies for transportation from Central NJ (they are fine for NY City and its immediate suburbs) because they do not regularly serve Central NJ so do not have a fleet base here and would have to "dead head" equipment to Central NJ, which would likely end up costing you more money.

In any event, don't expect either A-1 or Concorde to be inexpensive...with Concorde likely the more expensive of the two.

Thanks everyone for your input. For the 8 of us, it would be 3 cars, not 2, plus luggage. I did look into a few websites, but forgot about A-1. I think they are near Quakerbridge Mall; if so, we are less than 20 miles away. Definitely a better option than a NY based company.

It's possible that we may wind up driving, but I'm going to look a little bit more before deciding.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Carole

Try Super Shuttle. Not the most glamorous way to travel, but since you have a large group, they'll likely just include your family. My GS troop used them from Newark Airport to the city and back in April. We were 10 ppl, so they gave us a dedicated shuttle. I was quite impressed with their customer service!