Name change - Early Saver

prmrolltide

I booked under early saver.

I had to change a name because one of the women going is having surgery and can't go.

I called customer service.

I was told it would cost $50 to change the name to the new person.

As we got closer to the date for final payment, the amount would increase. (I can't remember the exact details but I do know I had paid off the cruise)

So when I was ready to change the name, I called CS back and they changed the name for me. (Easy as pie) and it was indeed only $50.

So although it may say you can't change the name under Early Saver....they must be willing to bend those rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked under early saver.

I had to change a name because one of the women going is having surgery and can't go.

I called customer service.

I was told it would cost $50 to change the name to the new person.

As we got closer to the date for final payment, the amount would increase. (I can't remember the exact details but I do know I had paid off the cruise)

So when I was ready to change the name, I called CS back and they changed the name for me. (Easy as pie) and it was indeed only $50.

So although it may say you can't change the name under Early Saver....they must be willing to bend those rules.

You may just have been lucky, Maybe they didn't notice your booking as under Early Saver.

It truly depends on the rep you get. For my group on a sailing in December I booked early saver and has to cancel a person, the $50 fee was waived and I added a person to that cabin. Recently I had to cancel another person and make the would have been single into a triple, I wasn't charged a fee. I was able to issue a full refund to that person because the rep floated the canceled person's monies to a new reservation that I was making. I don't know if I she let me do this because I have a large group booking and it helped that the rep who answered happened to be a senior rep.

I booked my grand kids a trip with us to the Bahamas. There was a hurricane Matthew I think and it scared my grand daughter and she refused to go. Carnival would NOT work with me. I asked if another grand daughter could go in her place and was told a flat no. So I lost my money. I was given back port fees and my prepaid gratuities. Your locked in tight with early saver. Be very careful when booking using this promo.

I booked my grand kids a trip with us to the Bahamas. There was a hurricane Matthew I think and it scared my grand daughter and she refused to go. Carnival would NOT work with me. I asked if another grand daughter could go in her place and was told a flat no. So I lost my money. I was given back port fees and my prepaid gratuities. Your locked in tight with early saver. Be very careful when booking using this promo.

How close to the sailing date were you when you canceled your grand daughter?

If it was after final payment date the regular cancellation penalties are in affect and most of the ES rules are out the window except for the price drops.

I'm just speculating but it sounds like you were very close to the sailing date.

Bill