Before I book, advice appreciated :-)

I'd like to do a short trip for our anniversary in May 2018. I was looking at sailing from Orlando on the Liberty. The ports are Nassau and Princess Cay. Ive been to Nassau 3x's with a 4th coming up. I've never been to Princess Cay though. I did a mock booking and thought about doing an inside with a port hole. The hubster has to have natural light.

The cabins available are on the Rivera deck, towards the forward of the ship. This will be a first. Are there any pros or cons on this type of cabin?

The far front of the ship will experience more motion. This will especially be noticed during rough seas. Also, you will get to fully experience the noisy ship anchor being dropped in port. This is not a big deal, unless you are a late sleeper. We have had a port hole cabin numerous times, and enjoy the window and often larger cabin (at least the quad cabins) for a much cheaper price than the OV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those are my preferred staterooms when I'm solo. I don't know which ship you're on, but when I take those rooms, there's only one single bed, and then a couch that folds out (which was never used by me as a solo). I'd confirm the bed arrangement to make sure it's what you want or can put up with.

The far front of the ship will experience more motion. This will especially be noticed during rough seas. Also, you will get to fully experience the noisy ship anchor being dropped in port. This is not a big deal, unless you are a late sleeper. We have had a port hole cabin numerous times, and enjoy the window and often larger cabin (at least the quad cabins) for a much cheaper price than the OV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Since it's a short cruise, I didnt want to spend the extra money on an ocean view or balcony. At least this will give me a chance to see what an inside cabin is like with a port hole at least. I just paid the deposit. :D

Go for it! I am not sure when docking at a pier that the anchor is actually dropped. They normally tie up at a dock and drop anchor when they have to "dock" at sea and tender passengers to the pier.

Those are my preferred staterooms when I'm solo. I don't know which ship you're on, but when I take those rooms, there's only one single bed, and then a couch that folds out (which was never used by me as a solo). I'd confirm the bed arrangement to make sure it's what you want or can put up with.

It's on the Liberty. I've never had an inside cabin before. I would have chosen just an inside but hubby has to have natural light. The beds push together to make a king. It's allowing me to make that choice now that Ive made the deposit.

Go for it! I am not sure when docking at a pier that the anchor is actually dropped. They normally tie up at a dock and drop anchor when they have to "dock" at sea and tender passengers to the pier.

For Nassau, the ship is due to arrive at 10 a.m. and Princess Cay at 8 a.m. We'd be up during those times if that's the case. If anything, Im wondering if you feel any motion while at sea. Neither me or the hubby are prone to motion sickness but we've also never cruised in the front of a ship.

I selected a port hole cabin and it states the beds can be put together to make a king.

Every one of our porthole cabins had beds that joined to make a king. I suppose there are exceptions by class of ship or one offs so it's good you see the beds make a king on the mock booking.

It's the side thrusters cruisers hear when a ship is docking. There will be some vibration in the forward and aft cabins as well. You may or may not hear the motors that wind up the hawser ropes when the ship leaves port.

A ship will only drop anchor when it is at a tender port and stabilizes offshore, away from a dock.

We had a porthole on the Elation. We LOVED it. The beds were either king or separated into twins. The only noise we had were the anchors and yes, they were loud. We were awake ready to go ashore so that was no big deal for us. We had nice weather and seas so we didn't have any motion. Enjoy your cabin and your cruise!!

I had a port hole on the Dream and loved it!

You're right - you get natural light and can see what the weather's like outside. And unlike a regular inside, the porthole cabins (1216, 1217, 1220 and 1221) are 220sq ft (the same size as an ocean view) and include a sofa.

It is also super convenient to get off and on the ship ports because it's usually only 1 deck down.

There is some motion but it's more of an up/down motion and I found it sort of rocked me to sleep.

If anything, Im wondering if you feel any motion while at sea. Neither me or the hubby are prone to motion sickness but we've also never cruised in the front of a ship.

On a short cruise like this you are tied up at the dock in Nassau during the day and anchored all day at Princess Cays.

On the Sea Day, make an effort to leave your forward cabin during the day and hang out midship near the pool area. (Avoid the Adult Serenity area as it is forward)

On previous cruises, have you ever gone to see a show or played Bingo in the Main Show Lounge? If so, you have cruised at the front before.

I just want to clarify that there are two categories of cabins that have a porthole. The cabin OP is talking about is a Porthole cabin (PT), which comes with 2 twin beds that convert to a King. There are some Upper/Lower cabins (1A), that are in the same area and have a porthole, but they only have 1 twin bed and a sofa that converts into a twin bed, or 1 twin bed and an upper berth. The 1A cabins are usually cheaper, but not ideal for couples.

Here is the noise everyone is talking about. This is cabin R1 on Elation. It seemed like this noise went on for about an hour before arriving and leaving a port. First cruise...I thought first deck, first cabin would be easy to remember while taking full advantage of the cheers program.

:D

7GxqSwa39Ls

Edited by Saint Greg

On a short cruise like this you are tied up at the dock in Nassau during the day and anchored all day at Princess Cays.

On the Sea Day, make an effort to leave your forward cabin during the day and hang out midship near the pool area. (Avoid the Adult Serenity area as it is forward)

On previous cruises, have you ever gone to see a show or played Bingo in the Main Show Lounge? If so, you have cruised at the front before.

Ive never played bingo but I have seen shows in the main lounge. The only time the boat was ah rocking and rolling (and we felt it) was when we hit bad weather.

I just want to clarify that there are two categories of cabins that have a porthole. The cabin OP is talking about is a Porthole cabin (PT)' date=' which comes with 2 twin beds that convert to a King. There are some Upper/Lower cabins (1A), that are in the same area and have a porthole, but they only have 1 twin bed and a sofa that converts into a twin bed, or 1 twin bed and an upper berth. The 1A cabins are usually cheaper, but not ideal for couples.[/quote']

I saw the cabins with the upper and lower that had a porthole. As clumsy as I am, there's no way I'd do an upper and lower...LOL!

I like this sort of cabin, I did 3 cruises in 4 months with that kind of cabin and enjoyed each one.

Here's an idea of the view and natural light you get from the porthole...

oJNU8kv-iPA

It's like a big ole pair of binoculars. I could do without the natural light coming in, but the hubster cant, so it was nice to get a cabin that has a port hole. Since we've saved a bit and it'll be our anniversary, I'm going to try out the cheers package. We probably wont get off the ship in Nassau, so it'll be the perfect time to get wasted; to some degree...LOL!

I subscribed to your channel :D

Here is the noise everyone is talking about. This is cabin R1 on Elation. It seemed like this noise went on for about an hour before arriving and leaving a port. First cruise...I thought first deck, first cabin would be easy to remember while taking full advantage of the cheers program.

:D

7GxqSwa39Ls

That doesnt sound too bad. We have renovations going on in our apartment complex, so Ive gotten use to all the banging. I've learned to tune out the loud noises. Im just happy to be going on a cruise for our anniversary. I also just booked a 7 day for Oct. 2018. One can say I've taken a liking to cruising...LOL!!