Been a few years

Dog Drool

I just book the Christmas cruise on the Rotterdam I assume the Christmas dinner will be formal ie I need a new dress? men in suits and tuxes?

Do they still have Happy hours buy one get one at reduce price or with the drink packages has this been discontinued.

Any other words of wisdom?

Actually, the Christmas Eve dinner is probably the formal (now called "Gala") night.

The nature of the cruise- longer, for example, will determine the number of tuxes that are likely. But some reading on the board would reveal a relaxing of the dress code.

Not sure how we are to know if you need to buy a new dress.

I just book the Christmas cruise on the Rotterdam I assume the Christmas dinner will be formal ie I need a new dress? men in suits and tuxes?

Do they still have Happy hours buy one get one at reduce price or with the drink packages has this been discontinued.

Any other words of wisdom?

AS of June, Happy Hour was second drink $2.00. At one time, it was 2 for 1, than $1.00 for second and won't surprise me if it soon goes to $3.00 for second. Just observing trends on HAL !

When we got the Signature Beverage Package via Explore4, we were not able to use it for the Happy Hour specials where you buy one drink and get the second one for $2.

Happy Hour on most ships is 4 - 5 PM in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest. Then later in the evening there will be another one in a bar/lounge.

We've taken several holiday cruises. People do tend to dress up more on them than other cruises, but it's not required. Most men will wear a coat and tie--whether it's a tuxedo (very few), dark suit, more casual suit, or sports coat and slacks. Wearing a coat and tie is no longer required to eat in the dining room on gala nights.

We've had formal nights on Christmas Eve and Christmas itself. I think it depends on the itinerary. The only reason you'd need a new dress is if you can't fit into your old ones. Otherwise, I'm sure you have something appropriate to wear.

My bride wears "cocktail" dresses and I wear a tux on Gala nights. That being said, you'll see all manner of dress. Wear what makes you feel good. I enjoy dressing up for my bride. I wear a sport coat or suit with open collar to dinner most other nights, but "sharp casual" is what ever one makes of it, from what I've seen.

We were on a Christmas cruise several years ago, and people dressed up for Gala Night, then Formal Night. Even the kids, and there will be a bunch, were dressed up for dinner.