Cabins for parents and 3 children?

darshan

I am planning a group church cruise for Nov of 07. Some of the people have 3 children, and RCCL has pretty much told me so sorry, unless they want a royal suite.

Are there any cruise lines out there that can accomidate a family of 5?

We are going on the Carnival Liberty in January with 4 children. The six of us have two connecting staterooms. We chose just to do oceanview and the price was very reasonable. We also wanted the two rooms to have two bathrooms. Good luck with your planning!:)

We are a family of 5 also. We really wanted RCCL but they were not able to accomodate us. Carnival had some rooms that accomodate 5. We are crusing on Sunday but MIL is going with us so we are a total of 6. We booked 4 in one cabin and 2 in another. Booking ds with MIL saved her from paying a premium as a single.

Any Fantasy class ship on Carnival plus Destiny/ Triumph and Victory are ships that can accomadate 5 people. THe 5th person will have a roll away bed that will be taken away in themorning while you are at breakfast and set up again at night while you are at dinner.

You want to check prices carefully. Sometimes its cheaper to just book two cabins. I stuck 5 of us in an inside cabin since it saved us over 700.00 to do so.

Next cruise it will only cost 200 total for the second cabin.

Royals family suites are expensive - could get two cabins plus have $$ left over

Norwegian has cabins for 5 on some ships. The AB Penthouse on the Star, Dawn, Gem, and Pearl can accommodate 5. We sailed in the AB on the Dawn last year (pics in my signature). We're a family of 4, but the second bedroom sleeps 3. I think Royal Caribbean's Grandeur has both inside and outside family staterooms that sleep 5, too.

Connecting oceanview cabins was the way to go for us. We had 4 teen girls and 2 parents. The extra bathroom was lifesaving! Not to mention I didn't trip over all their stuff all week. The girls lived out of the suitcases and you could never find the floor. The Cabin Steward, got an extra reward, just for making beds in that obstacle filled room!

Our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens and a 7yr old) had a room on NCL's Sun. We had a balcony and felt cozy but not uncomfortable.

This is good to know joemedic!

We have been on NCL Majesty, Spirit, and this year, NCL Dawn. We are a family of 4 but have noticed that the ships we have been on do not have a balcony, an outside or an inside for 5. It is good to know that the NCL Sun has them.

The AB Suite is available for 5 on the Dawn or Majesty and there are no cabins for 5 on the Spirit.

• 3 months later...

That is what we do and it works out well. All the kids "junk" stays stashed in the inside room where they sleep and balcony room is for hanging out in.

Cost us $1800 for triple inside and $1800 for double balcony on the NCL Spirit this May.($3600 total-5ppl, comes to around $725pp )

We have younger kids (3,5,8)so when they go to bed in the inside, we set up a monitor and hang out across the hall. Then usually one of us goes to sleep with them, feels safer. Sometimes well bring my littlest over to sleep with me in the balcony, shes an early riser and avoids everyone getting up early. (except me of course :( )

We used to book an inside cabin for 4ppl, then book one of the kids in my parents balcony cabin and actually have him sleep with us in the inside (5 sleeping inside, baby was in crib), that was kinda tight but it worked, except, I think my parents felt that they could never relax alone in their balcony cabin, since some of us were ALWAYS there. they never said so, but that is why we started doing our own balcony, to give them some "alone" time away from the kids. Although it was MUCH more economical for us the other way, it wasnt fair to them.

When our older DD came with us for her first cruise, we looked into booking a suite for the four of us, but it ended up saving us several hundred to book connecting balcony cabins. We kept the door between the rooms open most of the time, and it was great to have the two bathrooms. I wouldn't have put them in a cabin that wasn't connecting at that age (they were 16 and 7), but on our last cruise they had their own balcony cabin (they were 20 and 11).

On some ships there are balcony cabins that connect to inside cabins, and that might be an option for them that would keep costs down.

Good luck with your planning!

Jayne

:):)

Disney ships have many family cabins that accomodate 5 people. They are called family staterooms. although they are a bit pricey. You could also book two category 10 rooms that connect and because of the Disney Split/Bathroom they work out great.

Many adjacent princess cabins can connect via the balcony (there is a door in the partition). We are a family of 5, and do this all the time. On other lines, we would look for interconnected staterooms, or a family suite (with teens we need 2 bathrooms!)

We are a family of 5, three children ages 15, 12 and 8.

We booked a stateroom that can accomodate 5 on the Carnival Triumph.

It was cheaper for us to all be in the same room as the 3rd, 4th and 5th passenger pay a reduced rate, whereas with an adjoining stateroom only the 5th passenger would receive the reduced rate.

We are a family of 5, (ages 4, 13 & 15) traveling with the Grandparents making it a party of 7. We booked connecting cabins and planned to do our normal "sharing" the kids, (the kids play musical beds at night). Our current cruise is on RCCL and somehow we are getting all 3 kids in our room, even though we are getting connecting cabins. We didn't think it was possible, but for some reason that is how RCCL decided to put us.

My son and his family had a room for five last year on the Carnival Triumph. It was a balcony cabin and pretty tight with 3 kids (5, 5 & 3), it worked.

Wow. I was told this could NOT be done on the Triumph. We are looking into the 6E Family cabins. They have floor to ceiling windows and sleep 5.

• 5 weeks later...

We are a family of 5. We booked a cruise for November 4th on Carnival Victory. We opted to get 2 rooms since my mother is traveling with us but we had the option for all 5 of us to be on 1 room. It would be an oceanview room (220sq ft). Definately the cheapest way to go. Although having the second bathroom is nice!

We are a family of 5 and I have struggled with the issue as well. Family staterooms and adjoining cabins book way in advance. I had hoped to book a cruise for spring break '08, but it was already too late to book adjoining cabins on all the ships that interested me. Royal suites were still available (at a royal price). If seems that the family suites and adjoining cabins sell out almost as soon as bookings open.

We just cruised on the Mariner of the Seas (RCI). We got a Family Ocean view cabin for myself, my DH , and three children. The room was HUGE! We actually got the largest FO on the ship as luck would have it, and we only booked 5 weeks prior to sailing! If you want to see pictures of our cabin, you can check out my webshots album, my user name is Karenvm.

There are many family ocean view rooms on the RCI Voyager class ships, which are great ships for kids anyway!

Karen

Archived