New to Diamond....when to use the lounge

We will be on the Liberty over thanksgiving and will using our new diamond status. I am aware of the early evening cocktail hour but when else is the lounge open? Is it a good place to go for breakfast or lunch if available?

Edited by brenderlou

We will be on the Liberty over thanksgiving and will using our new diamond status. I am aware of the early evening cocktail hour but when else is the lounge open? Is it a good place to go for breakfast or lunch if available?

Your key card will open the lounge 24 hours.

There is a continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning. There is no lunch, though there may be some cookies available. Complimentary specialty coffee is available 24 hours.

I love to just stop into the lounge whenever I want a latte.....so nice....it even is a good place to stop in and sit and read. At times there are cookies, but not very often, have I found during the day. But that never stopped me from visiting WJ and then heading to the lounge for my latte.

Depending upon the ship, the lounge may have an outside area to sit in and that is enjoyable as well.

The coffee machine in the D lounge was broken during our May cruise and someone else mentioned that it was also broken on their July cruise. If it is still broken I would request vouchers for specialty coffee from the concierge and if he can't help I would go to guest services.

Maybe someone can update this info. The coffee machine is a nice perk.

The coffee machine in the D lounge was broken during our May cruise and someone else mentioned that it was also broken on their July cruise. If it is still broken I would request vouchers for specialty coffee from the concierge and if he can't help I would go to guest services.

Which ship were you on?

I guess you are allowed to ask for anything. ;)

On the Liberty, you will found an outside area, as mentioned by Paulette.

It is quiet and restful during the day, and there are two computer terminals there. There is also a TV, which is usually left running all the time. :rolleyes:

On the Liberty, you will found an outside area, as mentioned by Paulette.

It is quiet and restful during the day, and there are two computer terminals there. There is also a TV, which is usually left running all the time. :rolleyes:

Freedom DL 'deck'

1438565976090.jpg.43ffd5e99929cdd8cff2646f974dd324.jpg

We have seen a light lunch - very limited offerings - on Radiance and Rhapsody in the DL. Just a small selection of sandwiches if I remember. Was nice with a coffee from the machine. We enjoy toasting a bagel with cream cheese & salmon for breakfast.

Edited by goodycruising

Of course I enjoy my cocktails at night, so that is my favorite. But you likely find me there each early morning having my coffee and bagel, and the Liberty has a nice view from the D lounge. I hate the commotion in the WJ for breakfast. I prefer quiet, so the D lounge gives me that each morning. Time to wake up with a quiet cup of coffee. Read the compass to see what I'll be doing and wait for my daughter to radio me when she wakes up.

We achieved Diamond status on our last cruise in February of this year. When we arrive on the Independence on August 16th, will our Diamond pins be in our cabin or should I make arrangements to get them elsewhere?

If you don't see your Diamond pins in your stateroom, talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on board.

We like to hang out in the DL after we board and have had lunch. Grab a cup of coffee and read until cabin is ready. It's usually very quiet. And, we will go there randomly during the day during a cruise, especially if the weather isn't good. We have had breakfast a couple of times also. And, we're in there every evening before our late dinner.

If you don't see your Diamond pins in your stateroom, talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on board.

We did that after we became D+. We went to see the LA on our next cruise (after we had hit the magic D+ number on the last one and didn't get pins) and she dug through a drawer and produced two D+ pins for us, so we got them on that next cruise.

Then….(drumroll please)…about a month later we received 2 D+ pins in the mail so now we have four.:o

I was thinking about seeing if I can make a pair of them into earrings...

Judy

We have not cruised RCCL in a long time. We just found out on this recent Radiance cruise that you can get any drink from the "Diamond Menu" at ANY bar between 4:30 and 8:30 (your ship may vary).

Our diamond coffee machine was turned off frequently outside of the posted diamond lounge hours.

We did that after we became D+. We went to see the LA on our next cruise (after we had hit the magic D+ number on the last one and didn't get pins) and she dug through a drawer and produced two D+ pins for us, so we got them on that next cruise.

Then….(drumroll please)…about a month later we received 2 D+ pins in the mail so now we have four.:o

I was thinking about seeing if I can make a pair of them into earrings...

Judy

We had Emerald pins waiting for us on our last cruise, first leg of a B2B, and then found a second set waiting for us on the second leg!

I did have the thought that they would make nice cufflinks.

We will be Diamond on our cruise on the Jewel in Feb since we hit elite status on Celebrity this Oct. How do we find the Diamond Lounge and how do we get access? Can anyone expand on the breakfast offerings? Any fruit? I would love to avoid the Windjammer for breakfast sine I eat light at breakfast.

We will be Diamond on our cruise on the Jewel in Feb since we hit elite status on Celebrity this Oct. How do we find the Diamond Lounge and how do we get access? Can anyone expand on the breakfast offerings? Any fruit? I would love to avoid the Windjammer for breakfast sine I eat light at breakfast.

Your key card will open the door to the DL. There will be a letter in your stateroom with info.