Open Booking OBC Confused

On our last cruise we purchased 2 open bookings thinking we would get the shipboard credits as explained in the program. We just booked a B2B cruise ( 2, 7 night cruises) and they gave us $ 25.00 for each segment. I thought it should be $50.00 per segment. My TA called and said she had great news that she was able to get $ 100.00 OBC for the first segment because of a new promotion they are having. Unfortunately the 2nd segment was still $ 25.00OBC. Shouldn't the 1st segment be $ 150.00 and the 2nd be $ 50.00. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

On our last cruise we purchased 2 open bookings thinking we would get the shipboard credits as explained in the program. We just booked a B2B cruise ( 2, 7 night cruises) and they gave us $ 25.00 for each segment. I thought it should be $50.00 per segment. My TA called and said she had great news that she was able to get $ 100.00 OBC for the first segment because of a new promotion they are having. Unfortunately the 2nd segment was still $ 25.00OBC. Shouldn't the 1st segment be $ 150.00 and the 2nd be $ 50.00. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

The open booking OBC is based solely on length of cruise. A 5-7 day cruise gets $25.

The open booking OBC is based solely on length of cruise. A 5-7 day cruise gets $25.

It looks like you are correct. On the C & A site it states $ 50.00 for 7 nights but it looks like you have to do an actual booking with a specific sailing picked. That's what I get for not reading the small print. For the one booking where RCCL was giving a $ 100.00 SBC shouldn't it be $125.00 with the open booking?

It looks like you are correct. On the C & A site it states $ 50.00 for 7 nights but it looks like you have to do an actual booking with a specific sailing picked. That's what I get for not reading the small print. For the one booking where RCCL was giving a $ 100.00 SBC shouldn't it be $125.00 with the open booking?

Not sure, it would depend if the promo that got the $100 OBC is combinable with the Next Cruise OBC.

Thanks for the quick replies. It will make me think about doing this in the future. So many restrictions. It is much easier with Princess.

Kevin

It's not worth it to us to get an open booking with Royal anymore.