Lost Wedding Ring on Coco Cay - Found

If you lost a wedding ring within the past month or 2 at Coco Cay with the date 6/27/15 engraved on it, please IM me. My cousin was at Coco Cay last week and found it snorkeling.

There is no private message feature here.

And agreed - it would be best to contact RCI and Celebrity as that is what I think the owner of this wedding band would be doing.

I'd agree that the first place to inquire would be guest services at Royal.

But if that doesn't pan out, social media is great for making connections like this. Post it on the RC Facebook page and your own page as well, maybe Twitter and Instagram, too.

I hope the ring makes its way to its owner!

Thanks for all the replies. Just a quick update, an email has been sent to RCCL with details and picture of the ring as well as a posting on RCCL facebook page. I'll keep you updated if the owner is reunited with their ring.

Where's Aquahound when you need him??:D

Exactly what I thought when I read the OP.!!

You folks are too much! :o

Op, I understand why you don't want to give further details about what's written in the ring. Just tell me, is it names? That's key info. What you gave so far is a start. You have an inscribed date, so it's reasonable to assume they were on a honeymoon cruise. It would be nice to know what day people were looking because that will narrow down the ship.

Remember, it's not only RCI that goes there. CCL does too. That's why narrowing down that date is important.

Edited by Aquahound

Op, I understand why you don't want to give further details about what's written in the ring. Just tell me, is it names? That's key info. What you gave so far is a start. You have an inscribed date, so it's reasonable to assume they were on a honeymoon cruise. It would be nice to know what day people were looking because that will narrow down the ship.

Remember, it's not only RCI that goes there. CCL does too. That's why narrowing down that date is important.

Based on my research, three ships were there that week. Freedom, Enchantment and grandeur. The staff said last month, so that would be June. There is one person on the Freedom cruise roll call that was on their honeymoon, ashleyf4. If that matches the name on the ring then maybe the mods can contact her.

Edited by irishgal432

Just married and wore their wedding ring snorkeling? That sucks! I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see it was found by an honest person.. There ARE some decent people left in this world! :D

Plenty of people never take off their rings at all.

Thanks for all the replies. Just a quick update, an email has been sent to RCCL with details and picture of the ring as well as a posting on RCCL facebook page. I'll keep you updated if the owner is reunited with their ring.

I would hope the ring was turned in? But what you're saying doesn't match that. Did your cousin take the ring home, rather than turn it in? Not my choice of actions, that's for sure.

Might also check weddingchannel and theknot websites for that wedding date, to see if a cruise was planned.

Not everyone reads CC.

I would hope the ring was turned in? But what you're saying doesn't match that. Did your cousin take the ring home, rather than turn it in? Not my choice of actions, that's for sure.

IDK if I would have turned it in vs taking care of it when I get home... If I lost my wedding ring I would rather someone be extra cautious with it than give it to someone who may or may not appropriately handle it. I had an aunt once take it off in the bathroom of a college dorm room as she was washing her hands. A woman stayed there for 45 minutes with it because she knew it was important. I don't think this person should be critisized.

Might also check weddingchannel and theknot websites for that wedding date, to see if a cruise was planned.

I 500% agree with this. The knot has message boards for each month. Maybe try there? There are also some major wedding blogs that may be willing to "sound the horn" for you.

Where's Aquahound when you need him??:D

Exactly what I thought when I read the OP.!!

Hey, you brought this upon yourself. :D My old chief's favorite line to me was, "No good deed goes unpunished." ;)

My husband lost his wedding ring while on a ship's diving excursion at St. Lucia over 10 years ago. We were diving over a beautiful coral reef and it is probably wedged in the coral and covered with coral by now. He had wanted to wear diving gloves, but the dive operator was afraid anyone with gloves would break off some coral, which he would never have done. but he took off the gloves at their request.

He told the dive operator after the dive that he had lost his wedding ring, gave them the information and offered a reward if they found it and would return it. He never got it back. He picked out a new wedding band and does not wear it diving. :)

I would think the owner of the wedding band lost and then found at Cocoa Cay would have reported it and would like it back.