RE Royal Carribean tour murano glasswork

tra1066

Our first time to Venice , we booked the Murano glass works San Giorgio and gondola ride tour with Royal Caribbean. I was wondering if the gondola ride is actually in Venice or the Murano island ? please if anyone has done this tour with Royal Caribbean please let me know to make new arrangements I don't want to miss seeing San Marks Square and the Rialto bridge. :confused:

Our first time to Venice , we booked the Murano glass works San Giorgio and gondola ride tour with Royal Caribbean. I was wondering if the gondola ride is actually in Venice or the Murano island ? please if anyone has done this tour with Royal Caribbean please let me know to make new arrangements I don't want to miss seeing San Marks Square and the Rialto bridge. :confused:

I'm sure it is in Venice,probably from the San Marco pier.I don't even remember seeing gondolas in Murano.

Keep in mind that getting to Murano (easy to do on the Vaporetto) or arranging a gondola is quite easy and cheaper if you simply go on your own. As an example, you can generally get a gondola for about 90 Euros (usually a 45 min ride) which is the total cost (can easily take up to 4). The gondolas are docked at many locations throughout Venice including near St Marks Square (towards your right as you look at the canal), the Rialto Bridge, etc. You just walk up to the gondolas and negotiate a price. We usually like to buy a bottle of wine and have the cork pulled and than we sip wine as we glide through the canals. As to Murano, you simply go the the vaporetto dock (the Piazale Roma dock is the closest to the cruise port) where it costs 6.5 Euros for a one-way ride to Murano (or anywhere else). Many will find that it pays to buy a 24 hour or multi-day vaporetto pass which is a good deal if you plan on using more than a couple vaporetto rides. These tickets are for sale at the office in the Piazale Roma (or many other areas around Venice) and the office is right on the piaza near the docks (the Vaporettos are formally called the ACTV).

Hank

if you go into a hotel and act like a guest you can tell them that you would like to go to murano and they will arrange for a speedboat to take you there. these are incredibly expensive if you are paying but you won't be. they are subsidized by the murano factories that they will take you to. if you stay at the one factory where they drop you off, they will also bring you back for free. of course it won't be free if you buy any of the incredible glass. it's a great trip.

Archived