Jewel: 11/1-11/8 St. Maarten day ashore HELP

A 6 person family group (3 sisters and husbands). All have been to St. Maarten. Four members have varying physical limitations. I'm trying to come up with an all-inclusive idea. I'm thinking about hiring a driver "for the day" to show us his island--sight seeing, limited walking (flatish), nice meal, maybe a cocktail. TIA for any positive comments /concerns, especially suggestions of a driver you have used with contact info. Any idea of cost to driver? Thanks a lot.

I'm not gonna be much help here but maybe I can lead you in a semi-good direction to start. While listening to a cruise blogger's online podcast about started he talked about hiring a driver for $80 total for the day and he gave a recommendation for the guy and his phone number too I believe, but I didn't write it down. You can listen to it and see what he says. http://www.******************.com/podcast

It looks like I'm not allowed to post it, but if you google Royal Caribbean podcast the site will come right up for you ;)

Unfortunately you're also not allowed to give hints to it. :(

We booked a tour to the butterfly garden. I was not expecting much at all, but my husband and I both loved it immensely. It's in an enclosed area and the walking is all on flat ground. There are several benches inside you can just sit and watch the butterflies.

We used Bernard's Tours to book this.

ColoradoGurl (loved your persistence), tahqua, Mac303, grace#11, and TexanAnn. You all so exceeded my expectations. What great knowledge you have shared. I promise I'll find a way to "pay it forward." Looks like St. Maarten may turn out to be the highlight of our trip -- a great day we can look forward to sharing together thanks to you all.

WHOO HOOO. Sent your suggestions to sisters-in-law. Both of them read and loved your ideas to contact Bernard's Tours. Gave us free reign to choose itinerary and book a Private tour for the 6 of us. THANKS again to each of you.

We used Joyce Prince in St. Maarten. She did designed the day around doing exactly what we wanted. We also had someone with limited mobility and she made certain that everyone was okay.

The tour was outstanding -- we learned so much. I highly recommend her.

We used Joyce Prince in St. Maarten. She did designed the day around doing exactly what we wanted. We also had someone with limited mobility and she made certain that everyone was okay.

The tour was outstanding -- we learned so much. I highly recommend her.

Thanks so much, Brookiie848. Will add Joyce Prince to our search list. BAC, do you have contact info for her, phone or www?

Thanks so much, Brookiie848. Will add Joyce Prince to our search list. BAC, do you have contact info for her, phone or www?

Her website is just her name and add a .com at the end (I can't remember offhand the rules for posting sites here).

We liked that the tour was just us and we learned so much!

Joyce Prince - We called her yesterday...can you believe she has nothing available for our day in St. Maarten. She MUST BE really good. Perhaps there will be another cruise another day. Fortunately we were able to reserve a PRIVATE (6 person) tour with Bernard's Tours. All 3 couples :) agree this will be a great opportunity for us to "do" something together.

Thanks again to ColoradoGurl, tahga, Mac303, grace11, and TexasAnn for your helping us.

WHOO HOOO. Sent your suggestions to sisters-in-law. Both of them read and loved your ideas to contact Bernard's Tours. Gave us free reign to choose itinerary and book a Private tour for the 6 of us. THANKS again to each of you.

GASP, you gave it all away, whatEVER will we do now?

Nicely done.

Bernard tours...

We did it with all sorts of people from little kids to older kids..

You will enjoy him a lot.

Once tried somebody else... and guess what the "grass is not greener on the other side.."

Joyce Prince - We called her yesterday...can you believe she has nothing available for our day in St. Maarten. She MUST BE really good.

Well I think it's *just* her with her company. Whereas with Bernard's there are a variety of drivers.