Swim Platform - Wind Spirit Tahiti

pteague

I've read a few threads that have me concerned over the availability of the swim platform. I planned on only scheduling 1/2 day excursions so that I could also spend time using the swim platform, but it looks like it may not be useable a large portion of the time.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I might expect in Tahiti in terms of being able to just jump off the boat when I want to swim? Also, does anyone know if the ship is equipped with stand up paddle boards? I checked their website, but can't tell what "toys" are available for use.

We were on the Wind Spirit in December 2014 on their Panama Canal cruise. There were stand up paddle boards available. We really enjoyed the giant mats that you could hop up on and sunbath or visit with new friends. On our cruise the sports platform was available multiple days but not all days.

We were on the first return Tahiti cruise last year. The swim platform was open every day with the exception of the day we docked and the day were in Bora Bora because it rained and was windy. The day we were on the motu it was also not open because the "toys" were all ashore. WS tries to open the swim platform as much as they can always taking consideration of wind, waves, currents due to safety. I forget if they have stand up paddle boards but I seem to think they do. Great cruise, great swimming and snorkeling. The swimming with the sting rays and sharks was terrific and that also had terrific snorkeling. Happy Sailing. Susanne

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the tahiti cruise in October. They had the swim platform open at least 3 days, though the water was often pretty rough in terms of swimming etc.

They definately have stand up paddleboards but we found it too difficult to use when anchored because of the current. We had more fun paddleboarding off the beach for a much more relaxing experience.