Breakfast in Le Champagne???

pf778c

I just happened to be looking at the blurb on Silversea's website for Le Champagne on the Silver Wind and saw what I take to be a typo - "Open-seating for breakfast and lunch, reservations required for dinner". It's been some time since I've been on the Wind, but if it's true, I'd be curious to hear what's on offer for breakfast in lunch in Le Champagne. <g>

I'm up for lightly scrambled eggs with chives and caviar along with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, anyone with me?

Bechi

On last years cruise on the Whisper during a busy time at lunch in the terrazza, they opened up La Champagne for overspill seating for extra capacity with the usual self service at the buffet. As previously stated it's only open for full service in the evening.

This is only noted for information as the OP stated the quote was for the Wind.

Overspill seating makes sense. I had assumed it was an out and out error, but was amusing myself greatly imagining all of the decadent offerings that would be offered at breakfast...<g> Who knows, this could be the newest trend in luxury cruising!

At least once a cruise I have eggs Benedict and a glass of champagne at breakfast which draws some strange looks from some people as all they can see is someone having alcohol at breakfast time. They appear to be outraged. Make me smile.

Tomorrow, off to Copenhagen and join Whisper on Friday. Second day is a sea day and that could be a champagne breakfast?

Edited by Rocchi

The only time we've known Le Champagne to be open for breakfast was when we were there by special invitation to a New Year's Day brunch. Looking around at our fellow invited guests, we realised had all taken dinner in there on New Year's Eve; the invitations had been placed in our suite during NYE dinner.

I can't remember all of the dishes on the brunch menu, but scrambled eggs with caviar was definitely one choice, along with a version of eggs benedict with truffle.

This was a few years ago on the Spirit.

This thread has just reminded me of a wonderful happy memory from an experience on the Wind a few months ago. We were having breakfast outside in the Terrazza and a waiter topped up the solitary champagne drinkers's glass, the jovial Head Waiter then decided we must all have some and started popping corks, the waiters thought this was great fun and had a competition to see how many glasses they could tempt each table with. Needless to say it turned into a VERY happy breakfast indeed. Strangely enough though there wasn't a poolside sun bed vacant by 11.00pm and the decibel level of the snoring drowned out the noon testing of the ship's horn.

MM

What FANTASTIC stories!

There will certainly be bubbles imbibed with brunch at my table! I used to feel so utterly sordid and decadent when I'd break down and have a kir royale before sundown, but I got over that damn fast! And ever since reading about it on the Hebridean website, I can't shake the image of morning steel cut oats with cream and a wee dram. I just may be making that a reality on the Wind before the year is done.

At least once a cruise I have eggs Benedict and a glass of champagne at breakfast which draws some strange looks from some people as all they can see is someone having alcohol at breakfast time. They appear to be outraged. Make me smile.

Tomorrow, off to Copenhagen and join Whisper on Friday. Second day is a sea day and that could be a champagne breakfast?

I look forward to meeting you and perhaps a morning toast on Saturday!

:D

1st, it is none of their business!

2nd, I am adopting this on all my future cruises. :D