Le Champagne - wine

CLOU

I am taking my first Silversea cruise in a month, having been on several Regent and later Seabourn cruises. Normally, I don't like the concept of paying extra for things on an all inclusive cruise, other than ship's excursions since I generally don't take them. However, people seem to really like Le Champagne, and I will have a shipboard credit to spend. However, does the $40/person fee include wine. I thought I read somewhere that the complimentary wines are not poured. If this is the case, and wine is not included, then we are tacking on a wine off the reserve list, on top of the per person charge. Just want to know what we will be committing to. Thanks.

Yes, for your $40 pp, you can enjoy the complimentary wines now in Le Champagne. First, they pour your the House Champagne (most likely Heidsick Blue Monopole) which pairs nicely with 4 excellent mini “amuse bouches," they serve (e.g., Mushroom soup, Lobster, pate de Fois Gras cone, seared scallop). We sometimes order a bottle of white (if we have the Dover sole as a main course) or bottle of red (with a meat course) from the connoisseur list. Enjoy your cruise and your dining experience in Le Champagne.

Thanks, Wes. We may still order a bottle of wine from the connoisseur's list, but I did not want to commit to having to do that, on top of the original fee. May depend on how the menu looks or whether we have shipboard credits to use.

Thanks, Wes. We may still order a bottle of wine from the connoisseur's list, but I did not want to commit to having to do that, on top of the original fee. May depend on how the menu looks or whether we have shipboard credits to use.

If you were a meany like me, you'd have the house wine in Champagne and use your credits to liven up the wine on the other ordinary nights! Even out the joy sort of thing.

:)

Jeff

I just wanted to add how much we enjoyed Le Champagne. It is a very intimate restaurant, service and cuisine are superb and they do not turn over the tables. Wine like most items is subjective but I thought that the champagne and wine that was included worked well with the meal and didn't feel the need to purchase any wine but certainly it is an option.

Keith

• 2 months later...

We cruised in a group of 4 and all of us loved Le Champagne. We ate there twice on our cruise on Riviera and there were enough enticing choices at every course to make us all happy, despite the menu being the same one.

We are normally very picky about wines, but thought that the included wines were nicely chosen through for our meals there. Although we did splurge on some Chateau d'Yquem with dessert, as it was our last night on board. A lovely extravagance to end our holiday which didn't feel quite so bad as our other wines were included ones!