Dinner reservations with people in other cabins

whylion

We are traveling as a group of 4, occupying 3 cabins. Is it possible to make dinner reservations in the specialty restaurants for 4 before the trip on "My Silversea"?

Yes, no problem. When you select the place you would like to dine, it gives you an option with drop-down menus for when you would like to dine and how many guests are coming with you.

Yes, no problem. When you select the place you would like to dine, it gives you an option with drop-down menus for when you would like to dine and how many guests are coming with you.

Indeed, although quite why they ask for a time, I don't know as you can turn up anytime during that service.

Just remember they only show on one rooms reservations. This caused no end of issues for my family as I booked some on one room and some on the other (don't ask I was having a strange day)! Since then quite often I get a text or email saying "why haven't we booked x" and its because its on the others reservation. Just remember who has them booked and there is no issue. When you dine in any of the restaurants that require payment just remember to let them know whether you are putting the charges all on one room or on each room as they will only have the one room number - although last year when we dined in Seishin they had actually worked out who would be the extra person which was good

Edited by gismo1554

Thanks- I can see it might be confusing. Is there a limit to the number of times you can reserve a specialty restaurant for one voyage? How do they make sure everyone gets a chance?

There is no limit so therefore you could in theory end up not being able to get in. We have had problems before trying to book once onboard even for La Terressa which doesn't have a charge. That's why we try and book at least 1 night in each before we go. I'm sure some people book every night in a specialty restaurant (especially the free ones) and then just decide whether to show on the day but we would rather limit ourselves. For our next cruise - 9 nights - we have booked 2 La Terressa's, 1 Rocks and then 1 seishin for half the party and Le Champagne for the other half. That will do us. Silversea will do their best to accommodate people but will say no too unlike some cruise lines who keep back reservations or limit how many you can book.

Edited by gismo1554

We have always booked on line ever since the online booking became an option. I would hope fellow passengers who book just simply do not show but cancel in advance. Prior to on line booking, while on a South America cruise on the Silver Spirit I was never able to get a reservation to the Supper Club. Unfortunately on my next cruise on the Spirit I booked on line and dined in the Supper Club. This was absolutely the worst dining experience. The show was great but the food was not to my liking. We will be sailing on the Silver Wind in August and booked as soon as the reservations came open, 2 Le Champagne, 4 Hot Rocks and 3 Le Terraza for our 12 day cruise.