Freedom behind the scenes tour.

Mleonardelli5

Just off the Freedom today. We had a wonderful time. This was our second time on her. One thing I did was take the behind the scenes tour. I learned so much on the tour. From the on board water treatment plant. Engine operations, all food prep, laundry and of course the bridge. I would highly recommend taking this tour just know you will have to sign up for it on the first day. It gets sold out fast!! Any questions ask away

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information. We have to pass on it unfortunately.

If the cost steered you away, note that it was $95/pp on the Freedom, but it might be less (as in $55/pp) on Fascination. Worth checking into...and even the less-expensive, shorter tour is well-worth the price. I did the $55 tour on Imagination many years ago and it ended up being 3 hours...and extremely informative. We were asking so many good questions of the Chief Engineer that we were wayy late getting to the bridge and meeting with the Captain. :)

They will take your camera and phone if you bring them. The tour guide will carry them in a backpack. Security will also wand you going in and out of secure areas, like the engineering area and bridge. So no...don't even think of taking something.

The tour is great.... loved it on the Magic last March. BUT it is long, with lots of walking, and standing, and climbing stairs up and down.

They will take your camera and phone if you bring them. The tour guide will carry them in a backpack. Security will also wand you going in and out of secure areas, like the engineering area and bridge. So no...don't even think of taking something.

The tour is great.... loved it on the Magic last March. BUT it is long, with lots of walking, and standing, and climbing stairs up and down.

haha yeah i heard they were strict but i've seen a couple videos on youtube, so wasnt sure. i think the kids and i are certainly going to do this and we are VERY excited! do you think it would be boring for the average 13 and 14 year olds?

haha yeah i heard they were strict but i've seen a couple videos on youtube, so wasnt sure. i think the kids and i are certainly going to do this and we are VERY excited! do you think it would be boring for the average 13 and 14 year olds?

I think most 13 and 14 year olds would be fascinated. You learn so much about what happens to everything on the ship..from your sheets and towels to your food scraps to your soda cans. Seriously, it is interesting. I think it is good for kids to see these things since they don't normallly think about where the trash goes, or where the food comes from (you go into the freezers and refrig, storage lockers, everything. You get to see the galley and have the head chef talk about how they prepare every food item.... it is just so much that most people never consider when onboard.

They also take you backstage of the theater and you meet a castmember and tour the costume room, show you how the performers get around, etc.